Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Attention ADK Pro Audio dudes.....Scott, Gary...

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by Jeff the Weasel: [b]Tech support question #1: Is it plugged in? Tech support question #2: Is it turned on? :D - Jeff[/b][/quote]I was doing tech support for a company, I told this lady[hotel manager] to reboot the system, she says "What's reboot"?? I said turn the computer off, she says O'K I waited for a about 5 minutes and ask her, Are you seeing anything on the screen?? she says no! after almost an hour of trying every trick in the book, I found out the she turned off the monitor :rolleyes: :D :D .

Jesus Is Coming, Make Music, Get Ready!

ROTHLMBO....i thought i have heard it all... i can relate...to both end user awareness(lack there of) (or worse someone who knows alot, so doesnt bother listening) and at times my own trying to complicate it rather than look at the obvious. one of my techs had a similar experiance last week. the guy had no clue what or where the reset button was or did. Scott

Sorry to burst ya'll's bubble but it wasn't that simple a problem.Its a matter of "If you don't know what to look for, you don't know its there". I've never, ever delt with a hard drive that had an on-off switch as I'm sure many folks have not. On an all black machine, no less, it was invisible.The machine should have been shipped with the drive [b]on[/b] ,period. This had to do (and still does, evidently :rolleyes: )with [b]customer service[/b]. That's ok, Scott. You'll learn. On the other hand, I have a feeling this machine is going to be a solid badass piece of equipment once I fully understand everything it has to offer.

<> Well, I gotta tell you, the Leoni dual Athlon machine (East Coast Music Mall specs, ADK parts) still totally kicks butt. It is the most trouble-free, workhorse computer I've ever owned, including Mac, PC, blah blah blah. Now I just need to get some more removeable drive trays...and upgrade to a DVD burner...!

[quote] Well, I gotta tell you, the Leoni dual Athlon machine (East Coast Music Mall specs, ADK parts) still totally kicks butt. It is the most trouble-free, workhorse computer I've ever owned, including Mac, PC, blah blah blah. Now I just need to get some more removeable drive trays...and upgrade to a DVD burner...! [/quote]Yeah I mentioned my purchase the other day to a Mac user and they stated they were "sorry" I had gone the PC route. Whatever.I'm sorry they paid too much for a computer. I can tell this machine is a screamer and will kick major ass! I got the DVD drive option and of course the 120 gig removeable drive(with on-off switch ;) ). I just have to figure out assigning the hardware to the software and then I'm cook'n. Right now, I'm doing a a lot of reading. :freak:

Hey John, actually it did ship with it on.! during shipping it got bumped "off" as you can tell there is a very short travel from off to on with the slide switch on your removable bay. and its a common phone call we get. [quote]This had to do (and still does, evidently )with customer service That's ok, Scott. You'll learn. [/quote]customer service??? uh lets see fixed on a weekend night (my post was at 10 pm last night my time) and i recall staying at work Firday nite till 9 helping you with your tango/RME connections and total mix. i was just getting ready to leave (already 45minutes late when you called) i guess i will learn customer support some day :D [quote] On the other hand, I have a feeling this machine is going to be a solid badass piece of equipment once I fully understand everything it has to offer. [/quote]yeah buddy! compared to your old computer.. waiting for the phone call once you start stretching that box out...Dude this rocks!! now go make some music i am waiting to hear your stuff. Scott Craig, your making me blush :love: Gary (one of my techs) has one at home. he wont trade it for nothing... although he is drooling on the Dual Opterons

Although I gotta add that what really kicked the machine into the stratosphere was adding the Creamware PowerPulsar DSP card and I/O. That's like having a kick-ass computer INSIDE a kick-ass computer.

[quote] Creamware PowerPulsar DSP card and I/O. That's like having a kick-ass computer INSIDE a kick-ass computer. [/quote]Now see there ya go bragging again sheesh dang card cost more than the computer did... some guys have all the toys are they still in biz? i heard some rumors.. shortly after they called to ask me to be a dealer. Scott

Archived