Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Line 6 Roto Machine

PnutKid

Are there more than one L6 Roto Machine,ie.one best suited for keyboards and another for guitars? I have read many reviews at Harmony Central about this rotary spkr.simulator,And want to make sure I get the right one,for keys. Like what was reviewed in KBMag. last year.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you're looking for leslie simulation the L6 RotoMachine is not the way to go. It colors the sound of the organ in a very unnatural way. I actually had more success when I used it on my Rhodes as a kind of chorusing pedal. I gave my Roto Machine to a guitar player friend and he commented about the coloration of tone.

I bought a Roto Machine but couldn't get the hang of the way you had to do a short pedal press to ramp the leslie slow/fast, and a longer one to disable the effect.

Maybe it was just me, but I found it too easy to do the wrong kind of pedal press.

I will just add that I also read the KBMag review and tried the L6. I actually found it quite convenient to control it by changing the pressure with your foot. I did eventually return the pedal, though, due to the no-so-nice coloration of the tone mentioned above(our guitarist tried it and had a similar experience, though I personally think that it sounded a lot better with the guitar) and because I had trouble not overdriving it with my setup.

Morten

To add to my earlier comment, I returned the Roto Machine partly due to my problems with controlling it (which I'm happy to accept is my clumsiness not a general problem), and also because the sound didn't seem much better than the internal Leslie sim on my Viscount DB3.

PnutKid, could you tell us which keyboard(s) you plan to use this with? That could help people give you guidance as to whether it will do the job for you.

I thought it was me, I have been using effects pedals for over 20 years and can not get this one to work how I want it to. I think this pedal is flawed in its design. I thought it sounded OK for the price when I could get the setting right.

Archived