Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

So, who's got GAS for the Numa Organ?

Gary75

I need a single manual clone. Although I love my KeyB, I'm being asked to play piano too since. I love the 10kg weight, and the layout. The sound is great too, and if it's the same as the new DSP KeyB Duo (which I believe it is) then I'm excited!

It's going to cost £1k to upgrade my 2008 model KeyB Duo to DSP. But for £1300 I can get a new board which I need. The only difference is better overdrive and keyclick tonewise, so it's pretty pointless, especially as I'm using an outboard valve preamp.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
probably just a matter of very few people would choose a Numa piano over any Roland, Yamaha, Korg, etc....so why stock them. I hope they eventually have a Numa Organ in Sam Ash Manhattan, but with a Korg Cx3, Xk1, the Roland VX8, and Nord stuff already on the floor, I doubt they will.

Hmmmm.....have we entered Trollville?

Why the hell would you think I was trolling? Man there's some pricks on here.

Maybe because you think that anything that isn't available in a certain part of the world shouldn't be discussed? I didn't realise that it was hard to come by Studiologic in the US, but really, to be accused of trolling. I doubt I'd have had that response with a Hammond XK-4 or Nord header.

Moe, mine is Linux, no USB, hence the upgrades KeyB are releasing on their Yahoo group are not available to me until or if I upgrade.

I need a single manual clone. Although I love my KeyB, I'm being asked to play piano too since. I love the 10kg weight, and the layout. The sound is great too, and if it's the same as the new DSP KeyB Duo (which I believe it is) then I'm excited!

It's going to cost £1k to upgrade my 2008 model KeyB Duo to DSP. But for £1300 I can get a new board which I need. The only difference is better overdrive and keyclick tonewise, so it's pretty pointless, especially as I'm using an outboard valve preamp.

Do you *have* to trade in your old Linux (?) boards for a DSP upgrade? I don't know how kosher it would be but why can't you take the old boards out when you upgrade, put in case with midi mapping and use a cheap controller for a single manual. Then you would have both, the DSP too. I mean, if you own the boards/programming why can't that be done? Naturally, boards would never be sold that way, Perhaps a technical reason why this can't be done, As long as one is not selling I would think it legal to take boards out of a product and do something with it that you own ???

Kind of making your own rack-mount from the old boards.

W

Hmm, that's a tricky one Wheelhead. I send my organ back to KeyB and pay 1k for the DSP upgrade, but do I still own the residual parts? Technically I would say yes, but I'm not sure how positive that suggestion would be received.

Moe, probably not, not because I don't like it, it's as good and if not better than anything out there, but because iv never used it in the two years iv had it.

People aren't wanting me to be a one trick pony round here, hence the justification of a single manual and probably my SV-1.

Thomann in Germany are quoting beginning of November for stock.

The fact the Numa has USB tells me it's going to have OS updates down the way, which appeals more than a fixed snapshot of that years quality.

Although I'm waiting for VB3-2 which may swing me to go XK2- event processor-Receptor

Hmm, that's a tricky one Wheelhead. I send my organ back to KeyB and pay 1k for the DSP upgrade, but do I still own the residual parts? Technically I would say yes, but I'm not sure how positive that suggestion would be received.

Perhaps they can sell you an upgrade kit, though if you were unlucky to get a DOA DSP board you might get blamed for it, doing yourself. One thing for sure I would think you can easily get the boards back but surely, I would also believe the Linux programming would be wiped for their own interests. Perhaps you can remove the old board then send it back. You own it. On most products obviously when you upgrade you have control over the old components if you own them unless one can argue that there is one license for organ software with the product whether DSP or Linux,

I would ask them if you can remove and keep the old Linux board, but thats me,

W

Archived