Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Keyboard Corner Compilation 2010 - Now Available

Mike Warren

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, I just realized I haven't listened to it yet! I've been so busy setting up my new computer and then catching up on past deadlines, that I forgot that I never got further than downloading it and importing it!

Oh well, it's something to look forward to over Thanksgiving...

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

I gave most songs a listen, some from mp3 on a (good) notebook, a number from wav on my large 5 way, 3 way multiamped monitoring system with Lexicon D converters, and have to say that indeed there is some serious music being spread by this project, fro which compliments.

I can´t shake loose the idea that many "modern" productions, most of these included, while clearly being quality generated and processed share a certain "feel" I find hard to describe.

I mean, of course like most people having been alive and listened to radio and albums in either 70s or late 80s I am aware of quality produced (more than just recorded) music, and of course I recognize modern effects and plugins (of which most simply aren´t very good in comparison) but that´s not exactly what I mean. Anyone care to comment or share thoughts or rather knowledge about that ? I mean the difference between taking lets say a guitar and a trumpet in front of say a neuman, preamping and AD-ing that all as neutral as possible, and putting that on a recording in wav or mpg simply doesn´t ever sound that way: that interests me.

Theo.

Do you feel that all the tracks on this compilation share this "modern" sort of production feel, with plugins and soft synths and whatever? Which tracks do not have this feel, if any? Just curious. And truly, no, I am not trying to start a debate. I'm purely curious, as thoughts like this crossed my mind when listening to the compilation as well.

Archived