Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Funny gig story

MAJUSCULE

Long festival gig last night, closing out a week of free shows around town. Backstage before the show, we're talking to a guy from another act. A little small talk ensues, he asks who plays what. Then comes: "So, you're the drummer? Hey, could you sell me a joint?" :laugh: The reputation is universal!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Way back in H.S., the jazz ensemble was at a festival in Flagstaff, Arizona. Small talk ensues with the other bands, mostly about where we've come from: "So, you guys are from California? Cool. What drugs did you bring?!"

Later, in college, by jazz combo was playing a backyard wedding reception at "Uncle Harold"'s estate. While getting ready in the nice lounge/study we'd been given as our "green room", Uncle Harold slinked in: "You boys are the musicians, right? Thought you'd be wanting this; see ya later." He'd left us five lines of cocaine; each one in a handy-dandy plastic dispenser with a neck lanyard, apparently designed specifically for that, um, application.

The rep is the reason our mothers don't want us to grow up to be "musicians". Sorry mom.

Legend '70s Compact, Jupiter-Xm, Studiologic Numa X 73

It also works for soundmen... At least in my experience, they're the main guys for that purpose :)

I thought that was their only purpose. You're not going to try to tell me that those knobs and faders they twiddle with actually do anything, are you? ;)

Actually the twiddling does have a purpose: Turning up the kick drum, and bass guitar :taz:

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Archived