Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Halloween Music

I remember one year, my Dad played the soundtrack to 2001: A Space Odyssey near our front door because he thought it was good scary music for trick-or-treaters. At the time, I just thought it was kind of wierd. Some cool Halloween music: Carmina Burana Dead Man's Party - Oingo Boingo Werewolf of London - Warren Zevon Thriller - Michael Jackson

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We have a CD of scary movie themes that we play on the front porch. The Exorcist Theme is probably the scariest of them all (Song is called Tubular Bells). There's always the Munster's Theme. Playing out live, we usually use "Goodnight Moon" by Shivaree as our "halloween" tune. It's got great lyrics and a very creepy guitar lead.

My all time fave...a good pipe organ version of "Toccata and Fugue in Dm" by Bach. I recorded a version once and added special effects to it...chains clanking, moans...screams...evil laughter...ya know, stuff I recorded at the local IRS office. I still have the tape and play it out the front door come Howloween... As for "creepy songs"...country is good for that. "The Legend of Wooly Swamp" by the Charlie Daniels Band..."The Ride" by David Allen Coe...some older ones, "Phantom 309" by Red Sovine...
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Anything by Fantomas will scare the crap out of most people, but for halloween their cover of "Spider Baby" would be perfect. Besides, it's pretty funny. The lyrics: Screams and moans and bats and bones Teenage monsters in haunted homes The ghosts on the stair The vampires bite Better beware, there's a full moon tonight Cannibal spiders creep and crawl Boys and ghouls having a ball Frankenstein, Dracula and even the Mummy Are sure to end up in someone's tummy Take a fresh rodent, some toadstools and weeds And an old owl and the young one she breeds Mix in seven legs of an eight-legged beast Then you are all set for a cannibal feast Sit around the fire with the cup of brew A fiend and a werewolf on each side of you This cannibal orgy is strange to behold And the maddest story ever told

Archived