Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Summer NAMM

88kees

I think most Summer NAMMs are light on keyboard news, especially new stuff. At least that's the way it seems in the few years I've been paying attention.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went on Saturday for a couple of hours - lots of guitars & other stringed things, and a fair amount of drums.

Nord had their stuff there, the Nord piano to me seemed pretty much like the stage if it only had pianos. The keybed seemed a little different than what I remember from my 76, but I didn't find it either alluring or repulsive.

I played the Casio PX-3 for a bit, unfortunately it was sitting up high on a wobbly V-stand - I much prefer to sit at a "piano" so it was hard to give it a fair shake down. Couldn't really hear it that well on the show floor either. I couldn't discern much of a difference between it's keys & the PX330's. I thought they both felt okay for the price, but not amazing. I also noodled on some Kurzweil keyboard that had built in speakers, don't remember the model.

All in all it seems to be a show mainly for guitarist - the sound menagerie in there kinda gave me a headache. YMMV

Yamaha P22 Upright / Nord Stage 2 SW73

curious if synthogy announced a release date for Ivory 2 since it was supposed to ship in May.
If you go to their site, they've changed their press releases to say "June." It's been this way since May. :P

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

curious if synthogy announced a release date for Ivory 2 since it was supposed to ship in May.
If you go to their site, they've changed their press releases to say "June." It's been this way since May. :P

Last time I looked at my calendar, we're still in June... just sayin'. ;)

Originally Posted By: Joe Muscara

Originally Posted By: Nicky

If you go to their site, they've changed their press releases to say "June." It's been this way since May. razz

Last time I looked at my calendar, we're still in June... just sayin'. wink

Still...I find it irritating when they run a full page add in Keyboard (which they have done in the current issue), as if it is already available. "Contact Your Favorite Dealer" it says.

Why?? I wrote to them asking for the new system requirements and they wrote back saying they wouldn't have that information available until the product is "released".

Originally Posted By: Joe Muscara

Originally Posted By: Nicky

If you go to their site, they've changed their press releases to say "June." It's been this way since May. razz

Last time I looked at my calendar, we're still in June... just sayin'. wink

Still...I find it irritating when they run a full page add in Keyboard (which they have done in the current issue), as if it is already available. "Contact Your Favorite Dealer" it says.

Why?? I wrote to them asking for the new system requirements and they wrote back saying they wouldn't have that information available until the product is "released".

Yeah, in most places, one's favorite dealer doesn't have a clue about a product that's been out a year. Their product is vaporware currently and they don't have a clue what the sys req's will be. Communication breakdown....
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

Last time I looked at my calendar, we're still in June... just sayin'. ;)
I never said it wasn't. Even in Canada. :P;)

Still...I find it irritating when they run a full page add in Keyboard (which they have done in the current issue), as if it is already available.

The only thing the ad in the current issue of Keyboard tells me is that two or three months ago (whatever the lead time for ads is), Synthogy thought it would be shipping now or within a few weeks.

I'm just hoping my sales guy at Sweetwater's guess is wrong and they're not delaying until it's ready for Christmas sales later this year.

Ahhh, well that's a whole 'nuther kettle of fish, of course.

Mind you (to play Devil's Advocate for just a moment), in order to make the advertising deadline for the July issue, they'd have needed to get that copy to Keyboard a couple of months ago, so at that time they'd probably have expected it to be in stores by now.

Sweetwater generally work pretty close w/some of these co's..

When I got Ivory and the Rec they had me talking to both co's about any ?? I had. Im guessing by Joe's post, they said something about Christmas release???

That was a guess on my rep's part. He was assuming they'd be shooting for the holiday sales based past experience with other manufacturers.

• 2 weeks later...

From the Synthogy web site, it now says, "Target ship date coming soon."

It will be interesting to see what the new date will be.

I'm still wondering when the SP4-7 from Kurzweil will ship. If I have to wait too long, I might just go ahead and buy a PX-3. I really want to get a new stage piano and don't want to wait much longer.

Boards: Kurzweil SP-6, Roland FA-08, VR-09, DeepMind 12

Modules: Korg Radias, Roland D-05, Bk7-m & Sonic Cell

Archived