Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What's Up With Kiss?

I thought Kiss retired? Didn't they have their big, "final" world tour a couplethree years ago with the final concert in NYC with fireworks and so forth? Now I see ads for them on tour again with Aerosmith ([i]another[/i] crew that [i]really[/i] needs to pack it in).
Signatures can appear at the bottom of your posts. This option may be disabled by the message board administrators at any time, however. You may use UBB Code in your signature, but not HTML. UBB Code Images are permitted.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not only no, but hell no! You're never too old to rock and roll. Heck, look at B.B. King...he's gotta be somewhere pushing 75 or so, and he still puts on one hell of a show. Yeah, he plays guitar...doesn't prance around the stage like Mick Jagger or put on huge gargoyle platform boots, but shit. I think those guys should quit when they pry the guitars out of their cold, dead hands. Now, true, the spandex and stuff oughta go by a certain time, but that doesn't mean you can't play and have a good time.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Didn't I hear that Paul Stanley won't be touring this time - simply because he actually thought the last tour was the last? First thing when I saw the thread title was, "Who cares?" But as long as Kiss fans buy concert tickets, I won't be surprised that they're still touring. Gene Simmons has never made any bones about wanting to make another buck...

[quote]Originally posted by Dr. Taz: [b]I'd rather go see Grand Funk Railroad. They've got former KISS alumni Bruce Kulick this time around. Good rockin' time without the faux kabuki show. :) [/b][/quote]Yeah, I saw 'em play with Bruce about a year ago. And the singer that sang with .38 Special for awhile.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

I agree with never being to old to rock. But somehow seing these guys in makeup is starting to be a bit much, kinda like Ernest Borgnine in drag. :)
Down like a dollar comin up against a yen, doin pretty good for the shape I'm in

I love it. LOUD. Wanna hear it loud. Right between the eyes. LOUD. Wanna hear it loud. Don't want no compromise.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

[quote]Originally posted by AlanThomas: [b]Now I see ads for them on tour again with Aerosmith ([i]another[/i] crew that [i]really[/i] needs to pack it in).[/b][/quote]Hmmm...while their music might not be up to "dream On" status anymore, the can still rock the house down. Steven and the boys have been to hell and back (I rode the same train) and are bader and better than they ever were, more focused, and don't fall down during the show. While they may not have anymore classic hits in them, they've certainly penned enough to entertain for a long time to come. Kiss, well, Gene's protfolio probably is in the crapper (like the rest of us) and he's below his minimum multimilion status, so he keeps the machine going. Like many other bands, I doubt they'll ever really "retire", it's just marketing. Also, I believe the farewell tour you are speaking of is still ongoing, which is why they are still out there....Just because it was announced and the tour started two years ago doesn't mean it's over yet...

Hope this is helpful.

NP Recording Studios

Analog approach to digital recording.

[quote]Originally posted by Tedster HoffMonster: [b]Not only no, but hell no! You're never too old to rock and roll. Heck, look at B.B. King...he's gotta be somewhere pushing 75 or so, and he still puts on one hell of a show. Yeah, he plays guitar...doesn't prance around the stage like Mick Jagger or put on huge gargoyle platform boots, but shit. I think those guys should quit when they pry the guitars out of their cold, dead hands. Now, true, the spandex and stuff oughta go by a certain time, but that doesn't mean you can't play and have a good time.[/b][/quote]Hey, I have no problem whatsoever with anyone's age (I'm only a birthday or two away from official geezerhood myself). I was talking more about the hyper hype that surrounded what I thought was their "farewell forever" tour. But if where02190 is right, that they're still [i]on[/i] that tour, then that explains it.
Signatures can appear at the bottom of your posts. This option may be disabled by the message board administrators at any time, however. You may use UBB Code in your signature, but not HTML. UBB Code Images are permitted.

[quote]Originally posted by where02190: [b]Hmmm...while their music might not be up to "dream On" status anymore, the can still rock the house down. Steven and the boys have been to hell and back (I rode the same train) and are bader and better than they ever were, more focused, and don't fall down during the show. While they may not have anymore classic hits in them, they've certainly penned enough to entertain for a long time to come.[/b][/quote]:thu:

May all your thoughts be random!

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

[quote]Originally posted by Tedster HoffMonster: [QB]Not only no, but hell no! You're never too old to rock and roll. Heck, look at B.B. King...he's gotta be somewhere pushing 75 or so, and he still puts on one hell of a show...[QB][/quote]You sure are mean these days, Ted! (Billy Crystal immitating an old Jewish man voice:) "Why don't you give me a paper cut and pour in some lemon juice!!" (B.B. King is in Nashville, playing two nights at his new club, downtown. And no. I can't afford to go. :( [b]Alan Thomas[/b], perhaps you didn't see [url=http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=015359#000000]this thread I posted.[/url] I didn't see the show (it was a few days earlier. But I worked the first reunion tour back in 97. (98?) I don't remember. It was awful. Much too loud, in an arena that sounds great when the sound system is run properly. The powers that be insisted it be run far too loud. It was cool to see the show, even if it took me 30 seconds per song to figure out what they were playing. :D

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

[quote]Much too loud, in an arena that sounds great when the sound system is run properly. The powers that be insisted it be run far too loud. It was cool to see the show, even if it took me 30 seconds per song to figure out what they were playing. :D [/QB][/quote]It's KISS, the ultimate punk band. It's not supposed to sound good, it's supposed to part your hair, with lighting so bright you're blind, and if that's not enough, we'll add in ovekill pyro to deafen and blind ya even more....

Hope this is helpful.

NP Recording Studios

Analog approach to digital recording.

[quote]Originally posted by Tedster HoffMonster: [b]Heck, look at B.B. King......doesn't prance around the stage like Mick Jagger or put on huge gargoyle platform boots[/b][/quote]You just had to put that image in my head. :D
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

I think being on tour is enough to make any band want to retire. But once you've had a chance to rest up, I can't imagine an arena Rock band not getting the itch to be back on stage again. I've never been in THAT situation. But I have played on a stage in front of enough people, and with a big enough sound system, that I knew I NEVER wanted the gig to end. It feels pretty good! Retire? Fuck that! Hand me my axe, my walker, my dentures, and my makeup.... I'm going back on tour!!!

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

My only question is how much money does that Simmons man need? He'll be running for government soon. And lets face it, they haven't recorded anything halfway decent since the 70's and even that was a bit shonky! Mark
Growing old is inevitable....Growing up is optional !

Yeah, KISS stopped being KISS when Peter Criss left the band. It just wasn't the same after that. They started doing Disco and stuff. Then they dumped the makeup for awhile and jumped on the 1980's Pop-Metal Hair-Band thing. It was nostalgia and the movie Detroit Rock City that saved them. They'd be touring with the Slightly Over-weight and Balding Former Monsters of Rock, if it wasn't for that! As for Simmons desire for money; I thought I'd heard his goal was to have one dollar for every girl he's banged throughout the years. So he's still got a ways to go before he hits that 1 to 1 ratio.

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

You need my love, baby, oh so bad You're not the only one I ever had And if I say I'm gonna set you free Don't ya know you'll be in misery They call me... Dr. Love I've got the cure you're thinkin' of And even though I'm full of sin In the end you'll let me in You'll let me through, there's nothin' you can do You need my lovin', don't you know it's true So if you please get on your knees There are no bills, there are no fees Baby, I know what your problem is The first step of the cure is a kiss

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

I was born on Olympus To my father a son I was raised by the demons Trained to reign as the one ... God of Thunder And Rock and roll The spell you're under will slowly rob you of your virgin soooouuuuul ...
I really don't know what to put here.

Zeus' beat down his dad, Kronos in order to ascend to the top of Olympus. As Kronos was about to slay his father, Uranus, he was warned that his own son would someday depose him. For this reason Kronos swallowed his first children as they were born, but Rheia (Kronos' wife and Zeus' mommy) tricked Kronos and when her sixth child (Zeus) was born, she substituted a stone for the infant and Kronos swallowed it down, unknowing that his father’s prophecy was coming to fruition. Zeus was hidden and raised in secret until he was old enough to fulfill his destiny. One day he ambushed Kronos while out hunting. Zeus kicked Kronos in the stomach so hard the aged god vomited up the stone and died. In the process, he also puked up the five divine, undigested gods and goddesses: Demeter, Hades, Hestia, Hera and Poseidon. In gratitude, and bowing to destiny, Zeus was unanimously declared leader of the immortals.

\m/

Erik

--Sun Tzu

KISS is okay, but I can't wait for the Judas Priest juggernaut. That's worth the price of admission IMO. Now with Rob Halford back in the group... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH! *cough, cough* PAINKILLER (title song) Faster than a bullet Terrifying scream Enraged and full of anger He's half man and half machine Rides the Metal Monster Breathing smoke and fire Closing in with vengeance soaring high He is the Painkiller This is the Painkiller Planets devastated Mankind's on its knees A saviour comes from out the skies In answer to their pleas Through boiling clouds of thunder Blasting bolts fo steel Evils going under deadly wheels He is the Painkiller This is the Painkiller Faster than a lazer bullet Louder than an atom bomb Chromium plated boiling metal Brighter than a thousand suns Flying high on rapture Stronger free and brave Nevermore encaptured They've been brought back from the grave With mankind ressurrected Forever to survive Returns from Armageddon to the skies He is the Painkiller This is the Painkiller Wings of steel Painkiller Deadly wheels Painkiller \m/\m/

Archived