Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

DC Get Together 10/10: Flyscots aftermath

[quote]Originally posted by Sylver: [b] [quote]Originally posted by NMcGuitar: [b] One thing to consider: Anyplace in Montgomery County (Silver Spring, Bethesda, etc.) is going to be a non-smoking establishment; the new law (banning smoking in bars) goes into effect at midnight tonight. :evil: [/b][/quote]14 days cigarette free, brutha! That won't make no nevermind to me. :D [/b][/quote]Congrats!

May all your thoughts be random!

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congratulations Jack, keep it up, or should I say keep it out. [quote]Originally posted by Rim: [b]John is here! Although the slacker is still sleeping and it's after 1 pm. :D And I'm the one who's been up for over 27 hours straight because of work! [/b][/quote]Yeah yeah Rim, 27 hours is nothing, anyway [i]I[/i] was catching up on sleep from [i]Thursday[/i]! Anyway, it's you fault for giving me such a comfortable bed! Rim is cool, a very good host with a very nice place. The Eastbound flight was fine. The first hour was spectacular - flying over the mountains & deserts and then canyons of Southern California & Western Arizona. It got cloudy (& a little bumpy) at Flagstaff but I just watched TV for the next couple of hours. Then it was dark but it wasnt long before landing in DC. Happy to be here. Guys, you should decide ASAP so everyone can make travel arrangements. Cant wait!

Thanks John and Neil, it's doing wonders for the singing already. Jake, now I didn't say I quit [i]smoking[/i], did I? I'm gonna do all my smoking in the studio and in the bedroom from now on. ;)
I really don't know what to put here.

Yep. Put the cigs down 14 days ago, and gave up on the patch about three days later. I figured I was just prolonging the addiction. So, no nicotine for 11 days. Of course I'm drinking about 3 pots of coffee a day at the moment.
I really don't know what to put here.

[quote]Originally posted by Rim: [b]If not, it may be cool to meet in DC. Adams Morgan maybe? [url=http://madamsorgan.com]Madam\'s Organ[/url] is fun and they'll have a blues band on Friday night. Parking sucks, though.[/b][/quote]Unless someone comes up with a better idea, how's everyone feel about Madam's Organ? Another good thing about Adams Morgan is there are a lot of places to hang out there within walking distance of each other. John also says he likes the sound of Adams Morgan. Whaddya think?

aka riffing

Double Post music: Strip Down

http://rimspeed.com

http://loadedtheband.com

Madam's Organ is cool. The Bad Brains was known for playing some of the best shows ever in that place. Funny, I've never been, and I'm from Forestville/Distric Heights. Parking is a bitch though. The sites are good if you know what I mean. Might be too far for Rog though. I'm incredibly flexible, my mother is watching the kids so I don't even have to worry about wifey pissing and moaning. The guys farther away like Addix, Rog, and well you Rim should be more of the decision makers. You guys have a longer haul. So there's my non-committed bullshit answer :D

"All conditioned things are impermanent. Work out your own salvation with diligence."

The Buddha's Last Words

R.I.P. RobT

[quote]Originally posted by NMcGuitar: [b]...Where do we want to try to focus? DC? VA? MD? Does it matter to anyone?[/b][/quote]How 'bout somewhere further southwest... like Nashville, Tn, perhaps?? ;) (Too far?!? [i]Too far?!?[/i] Buncha' candy asses! :freak: ) :D

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

[quote]Originally posted by Rim: [b] [quote]Originally posted by Rim: [b]If not, it may be cool to meet in DC. Adams Morgan maybe? [url=http://madamsorgan.com]Madam\'s Organ[/url] is fun and they'll have a blues band on Friday night. Parking sucks, though.[/b][/quote]Unless someone comes up with a better idea, how's everyone feel about Madam's Organ? Another good thing about Adams Morgan is there are a lot of places to hang out there within walking distance of each other. John also says he likes the sound of Adams Morgan. Whaddya think?[/b][/quote]It's okay by me. I'll be coming from work (in D.C.) so it's not a problem for me. Time?

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

[i]Quote taken from Jedi's latency thread.[/i] [quote]Originally posted by rog951: [b]I was really just coming for a quick beer and especially to meet John, since he might not be back for a while. [/quote][/b] Thanks Rog! I really hope you can make it, I'm looking forward to meeting you. [quote][b]He's a Flyers fan and I need to beat the shit out of him.[/quote][/b] Hey! Some greeting that would be! Remember though, I'm Scottish [i]and[/i] a hockey fan. Add beer and you could create a psycho ;) How can ya tell it's Hockey season again! The thread's restarted in the Keyboard Corner by the way Rog. [quote][b]I really need to be home by around 8:00 so it's gonna be tough to get down there and back in time. I wonder if he'd consider a happy hour up my way before heading into town for a big night out? [/b][/quote]8!? Ooh that's tough. Can you just say you got stuck in traffic? I'd definately consider your area, have to speak to Rim about it. John

I posted this on the other thread, but I might as well put it here to keep things in one place. [quote]Hi-jacking Smi-Jacking. Who cares. If you guys do a happy hour I'd be up for that too. I could grab a copy of that driver from you. Maybe some of us should try to hook up early and when Rog has to go we make the truck to the city. Works for me. That might be a lot of driving for Rim though. [/quote]

"All conditioned things are impermanent. Work out your own salvation with diligence."

The Buddha's Last Words

R.I.P. RobT

I'll just go ahead and say that I'm not at all a big fan of D.C. Parking sucks, the streets suck. The bars are cool, just not cool enough to get over the driving suckiness. It doesn't really have to be a very swank place that we go, ya' know. Even a little podunk bar smack in the middle of everyone would work.

"Bass isn't just for breakfast anymore..."

http://www.mp3.com/Addix_Metzatricity

Got plenty of cobblestone streets back 'ome Metza boy. You're right though, it doesnt have to be a fancy place, the people (us) will make it cool. We [i]do[/i] have to make our mind up though! How about posting where you DONT want to go so we can narrow it down.

Here's a thought... There is a great little scottish pub in Wheaton - The Royal Mile (no, it looks nothing like the one in Edinburgh). Wheaton is [i]realatively[/i] centralized (it's just north of Silver Spring), and there would be that scottish connection... Here's a link [url=http://www.royalmilepub.com/]The Royal Mile Pub[/url]

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

We all met at the Royal Mile last time (after Craig's seminar at Chuck's - we were already in the neighborhood). Nice place. Good Shepherd's Pie! Quite the single malt connoisseur's establishment as well (although I wouldn't know anything about that!). I certainly wouldn't complain about the Royal Mile.
None more black.

It's sounding like DC would be more hassle than its worth. We have two yey's for the Royal Mile, what does everyone else think? While I normally stay away from traditional Irish, Scottish & English pubs (there's plenty of them in Scotland, I dont need to frequent them here too!) it probably would be cool going there with a bunch of American music people!

John - how long are you in town for anyway? The thing is I don't wanna be selfish and drag you guys way up my way, especially with me bailing out early anyway. I feel like if you've never been to DC, you really should be spending some time downtown, taking in the scenery. To me though, DC is more of a "day" town. The real attractions are the monuments/museums and the government stuff and it's astonishing how much stuff closes down after dark. IMO, the nightclub/bar scene isn't really anything special in DC (Baltimore is better). If you MUST party in DC, :) Adam's Morgan, Dupont Circle and Georgetown are the best areas from what I've seen.
None more black.

[quote]Originally posted by flyscots: [b]Thanks Rog. Sylver is kidnapping me after the get-together and taking me to play with his Amish friends. I plan to get up early and go into DC tomorrow daytime for all the toutisty stuff.[/b][/quote]Hey, if you're gonna be in DC during the day, why don't you just metro out and meet me in the evening and I'll ferry you to wherever we end up deciding? Hmmm. I just remembered a bad thing. Luggage. You probably have a big pile o' stuff to cart around with you. Oh well. Anyway, it was a nice thought...
None more black.

[quote]Originally posted by flyscots: [b]It could work Rog. I'll have to speak to Rim about the luggage, maybe I could have it all packed and ready for him to through in his car. Its heavy though and he's small ;) Go to your PM box for some digits[/b][/quote]He may be small but he's powerful! ;) I was wondering if Rim was going downtown with you or not but I guess he probably has to work....the poor sap! ;)
None more black.

I would be down for the Royal Mile again, but it kind of sucks for John. I'm sure you didn't travel this far to go to a Scottish joint. However, as far as location it's excellent, and well hell we can make it "The SSS Cheers." I mean the moderator christened the place. ;) So put me down for Royal Mile.

The Buddha's Last Words

R.I.P. RobT

[quote]Originally posted by Jedi: [b]I would be down for the Royal Mile again, but it kind of sucks for John. I'm sure you didn't travel this far to go to a Scottish joint. However, as far as location it's excellent, and well hell we can make it "The SSS Cheers." I mean the moderator christened the place. ;) So put me down for Royal Mile.[/b][/quote]Although I think we pissed them off the last time when we wouldn't leave :)
None more black.

[quote]Originally posted by rog951: [b] [quote]Originally posted by Jedi: [b]I would be down for the Royal Mile again, but it kind of sucks for John. I'm sure you didn't travel this far to go to a Scottish joint. However, as far as location it's excellent, and well hell we can make it "The SSS Cheers." I mean the moderator christened the place. ;) So put me down for Royal Mile.[/b][/quote]Although I think we pissed them off the last time when we wouldn't leave :) [/b][/quote]Nah.... They're pretty good about stuff like that.

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

Royal Mile it is then! You're right Jedi, but its cool. Aslong as I dont hear any annoying English accents! It'll be good for Neil seeing as he has also experienced the real thing on his visit to my homeland. Anyone object? Rog, I just replied to your Caps comment, wodya think?

I just spoke to Rim on the phone, he's trapped at work again and cant get tomorrow daytime off. Rim is cool with the Royal Mile too. So what time should we set? I'm guessing 7pm 'coz Rog has to go at 8 and any earlier would be bad for traffic.

Archived