Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

You'll feel like a jerk for laughing at this

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep. I feel like a jerk. Sort of. Yeah, I did laugh...but then I realize that Ray Charles is cool enough to be in on the joke to maybe have done that on purpose. After all, he did do a cameo in a comedy movie as a bus driver. Either that or it's a doctored photo.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

$5 says he wasn't even holding a mic at all. I mean, you *could* feasibly play piano with one hand and hold a mic with another, but that's not really his style, if you take my meaning. Oh and yeah, in addition to the "Bus Driver" reference, how can y'all forget his stint in the Blues Brothers? :D

Dr. Seuss: The Original White Rapper

WWND?

[quote]Originally posted by phaeton: [b] how can y'all forget his stint in the Blues Brothers? :D [/b][/quote]Weird! Just as my eyes scanned this line "Soul Man" came on the radio. The Sam and Dave version.
I really don't know what to put here.

Not laughing, or feeling much like a jerk just now. But laughter is a good thing, I'm glad for those who found some here! I'm sure any of us could feel by the drag of the cord and the taper of the mic, which end is which. But not all of us could play Ray Charles piano one handed! :eek:

A WOP BOP A LU BOP, A LOP BAM BOOM!

"There is nothing I regret so much as my good behavior. What demon possessed me that I behaved so well?" -Henry David Thoreau

Nah, what looks like his 'other left hand' is just a glob of reflection from the brass section behind him. The lighting is right on everything except the mic. Given the highlights on the rest of the image, you can see where the flash is; look at the microphone, and you can see that the underside of the mic is dark where it oughta be lit from the flash. The appropriate highlight is reversed, and on the top of the mic. Given all this, I believe the mic is the only thing altered. Regardless of all this, I find the picture fuckin' hilarious. Makes me think of 'Blind Melon Chitlin'.
I've upped my standards; now, up yours.

Funny! I'm sure after all his years performing, he's got to have a sense of humour. Seeing him a couple of years ago at the World Series game here in Phoenix, was monumental. I was perhaps more impacted seeing him live and watching him up close than I was actually being at a World Series game. Rick

I've often seen Ray reach for a bead on where the mike was over the years, and besides, in this photo the mic stand isn't visable. So, maybe doctoring WAS involved. But Ray HAS poked fun at his blindness many times in the past. Besides the bit in "The Blues Brothers", there was his "Evelyn Woodski" slow reading bit on SNL("I used to get blisters on my fingers...") and his being the driver in a "Super Dave" sketch as well! Whitefang
I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

Archived