Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Virtual upright piano...which one?

vihreamies

Hi there,

Need to have upright piano for live situation. I've found only two virtual upright pianos on the market so far:

-NI Upright Piano

-Synthogy Ivory Upright Pianos

I'm looking for rockish and dynamic sound. I really hope it would response well, when played hard. Based on the demos of those two I tend to like Ivory more, because it sounds more powerful, but it also sounds a bit too much "on the face", somewhat too close. In the other hand the NI piano has something in it's sound that I like (room?), but in the demos the dynamics sound little flat.

So, what can you say about those two and would there be more choices to look?

I'd be using Receptor 2 to play it.

best,

-Vm

p.s. I wouldn't want a grand piano sound...:)

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have Ivory Uprights, and they are very cool. Remember a lot of characteristics are customizable, so you may be able to fix that "on the face" issue.

I've never tried the NI one so I can't say nor compare.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

P.S. I don't know anything about compatibility with Receptor. You'll have to check with Muse if you haven't already.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Ivory uprights run great on Receptor.

I am unfamiliar with the NI uprights, but do very much like the Ivory ones. Rain piano by Sampletekk is another vibey one to check out.

Moog The One, VV 64 EP, Wurlies 200A 140 7300, Forte 7, Mojo 61, OB-6, Prophet 6, Polaris, Hammond A100, Farfisa VIP, ,Young Chang 6', Voyager, E7 Clav, Midiboard, Linnstrument, Seaboard

Archived