Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

YOSO - monitoring with headphones

timwat

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Aj2cxpyciw

Okay, so a Facebook friend turned me on to YOSO, ex-members of Yes and Toto (Tony Kaye, Bobby Kimball, Billy Sherwood, along with Jimmy Haun and Lou Molino).

The music's not bad, although it initially strikes these jaded ears as a bit...generic. Maybe it'll grow on me. Or maybe I'm listening to Kenny Wheeler too much these days.

Anyway, what struck me is Kaye using those big old fat Sennheiser HD280 over-ear headphones to monitor. Not very rock and roll...

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting....Tony Kaye sounds very good. I've been listening to the new Peter Gabriel recording, some Chick Corea, Patrick O'Hearn, David Helpling/Jon Jenkins, and Tord Gustavsen lately, so it sounds a little generic to me also. Great to see those guys still working; they're all very skilled.

Composer/Performer at Roger Hooper Music

Product Trainer at CASIO

www.rogerhooper.com

Anyway, what struck me is Kaye using those big old fat Sennheiser HD280 over-ear headphones to monitor. Not very rock and roll...
I've seen the KB guy from Chicago doing something similar recently. Maybe these old cats just can't get into in-ears but find they need the "personal" monitoring.

I agree it looks dorky.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Archived