Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Rare EMU keyboard?

Synthoid

Right before EMU discontinued its keyboards and sound modules, the Vintage Pro was on the market. There was supposedly both a module and keyboard version of it, however, I've never seen the actual keyboard unit.

Does anyone know if it was ever made?

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had one a number of years ago and put the B3 rom in it as well. Emu used the same kybds, changed the colour schemes and dropped in a different rom and gave them a different name. I was able to pick up quite a few roms for @ $49 each when they blew them out and sold them for an avg of $210 each = pd for a slightly used Voyager AE at the time.

I had one a number of years ago and put the B3 rom in it as well.

Just to clarify--that was a Vintage Pro keyboard you owned? Because from what I've read there was an earlier Vintage Keys module/keyboard that preceded the "Pro."

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

To my knowledge, there was never a keyboard version of the Vintage Keys module. There were also modules called Vintage Keys Plus and Classic Keys (but again, no keyboard versions).

Also, don't confuse the VK-6 with the PK-6 or XK-6. They look nearly identical but have different ROMs and are different colors.

Full run-down can be seen at the E-Mu Systems Product Timeline page. Probably best to go straight to the source on this, no? ;)

PK-6 (Pop/Rock) - 2001

XK-6 (Techno/Electronica) - 2001

MK-6 (Hip-Hop) - 2001

Vintage Keys (Classic Keyboards) - 2003

These keyboards combined the sound engine of the Proteus 2000 with a 61-note keyboard, and featured 64-voice polyphony, four internal soundROM slots and four analog outputs.

Archived