Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Page McConnell's Rig

Joe P

A nice set up. Page 22 & 25 of Keyboard Magazine shows the Little Phatty on top of the Hammond on what appears to be a sliding shelf. If that's true, it's a clever way to bring the synth out over the organ toward the player if that need arises.

Regards,

Joe

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Am I missing anything?

hmm...that is a loaded question ;)...they are all talented players, above all trey, who i would pay to see in any setting (especially if someone other than trey had creative control). seriously, he is a nasty guitar player. he also wrote some sweet through-composed pieces back in the day, which sound especially awesome at the end of a "hand-rolled cigarette". but yeah their vocals are suspect, their lyrics are nonsense, and some of their shit was clearly written during an acid and/or peyote and/or salvia trip; so know what you're getting into. but if you're seriously interested, i say check them out. phish music has lot of haters but there are some great ideas in there if you take the time to look...or were you just teeing it up for someone to say "NO!" :cool:

...or were you just teeing it up for someone to say "NO!" :cool:

Not at all, just asking the question for my own curiosity. I could always check out some snippets on itunes, do I need to be mad with reefer first? :crazy:

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

MOXF8, Electro 6D, XK1c, Motif XSr, PEKPER, Voyager, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

do I need to be mad with reefer first? :crazy:

preferable but not necessary ;). i'd start here: http://bit.ly/cxPwRz ...super eclectic, pretty tight arrangements, WEIRD effin lyrics

Yup, Picture of Nectar is a good one. I always liked Lawn Boy and Rift as well. Everything after Hoist was just horrible, in my opinion.

Yeah, he has a nice setup.

Oddly enough, I've never heard any of their music. Am I missing anything?

Dan,

Check out Chalkdust Torture from "A Live One". And Simple. And Gumbo. They're a good band but for some reason a bit polarizing. At least keyboards are fairly well represented! :cool:

Out of all the replies to my post nobody mentioned the drawer-like gismo holding Page's Little Phatty! :crazy:

Regards,

Joe

Archived