Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Detroit Bob Seger tribute band needs keys

Ed Coury

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One would have to have a lot of balls and be very good to do a Bob Seger tribute band in Detroit.

Best of luck.

Muzikteechur is Lonnie, in Kittery, Maine.

HS music teacher: Concert Band, Marching Band, Jazz Band, Chorus, Music Theory, AP Music Theory, History of Rock, Musical Theatre, Piano, Guitar, Drama.

I, Todd Stoney, started this project with Al Z. The "one with the balls" as it were. While in the midst of the band building process, Al tragically took his own life.

I recovered from that setback (and others) to ultimately put together a convincing tribute that I'm sure Bob would most certainly appreciate. My #1 rule at rehearsal: "Would Bob Approve!" We're taking good care of the music.

Our 90 minute shows have seen six maximum capacity shows since Aug. 29, and we have many big shows soon to be announced. However, I need a keyboard player as good as Dan Warren........but with a little more passion for what I'm up to over here.

It looks like I'm going to need a couple of keyboard guys since you're all a hot commodity around here, but I'm out to find one guy who'll dedicate himself/herself to our gigs first. Everyone in the band (save one) has made Lookin' Back their #1 musical priority, so we need one more we can count on....Not to busy.

Dang... Wish that the band was based in Denver. I'd be all over that.

John Denver tribute bands are popular out here: the guy I saw perform last summer does quite well. No call for keys though, at least with that act.

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

I, Todd Stoney, started this project with Al Z. The "one with the balls" as it were. While in the midst of the band building process, Al tragically took his own life.

WHAT!

Man! I didnt know that. Thats tragic, I dont know what to say.

I jammed with him back in 08 at his studio. My brother and I were holding auditions with all new guys, Al talked us into coming over his place for this, and I later found out, of course Al's only motive was to actually recruiting players for a recording session he's planned with KJ Knight (amboy-dukes drummer). My brother ended up playing in that session.

But wow... For anyone curious, this AL Z bassist toured in Segers band in the early days before seger broke out.

There couldnt have been a nicer guy....

-Greg

Motif XS8, MOXF8, Hammond XK1c, Vent

Rhodes Mark II 88 suitcase, Yamaha P255

Likely the same. Skip Van winkle

I think 'Smoking OPs' sold two copies and I have one. Highly recommended for hard core Hammond fans (in my case with a masochistic streak).

Last time his name came up some posters were kind enough to point out some recent YouTube videos of Skip playing in clubs using Red One without Leslie. I'll never feel the same about Nords again :>. OR Nord without Tube Preamp or Leslie or both. Accept no substitutes.

Archived