Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Scarbee Question

b3keys

New Scarbee KGB user here with a question:

I am using KGB with Kontakt on a Macbook. I have been able to call up the KGB within Kontakt, but how do I access the VKFX box?

Thanks for your help!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If there's a way to run it with the VKFX just within Kontakt by itself, it's news to me. I load up Scarbee instruments in Digital Performer (5), with DP being the host program, in order to access the VKFX (I believe DP just sees them as insert plug ins). So both the DP5, and Kontakt 3 apps are being used simultaneously when I'm using a Scarbee instrument, with the VKFX.

You're welcome. I have the Keyboard Gold Bundle and my favs are the E.E.P. and the C.E.P., probably in that order. The F.E.P. is addictively good too but my clav/syncopation chops aren't quite up to snuff lately to fully 'exploit' that sound; the band I play in covers 'Trampled Underfoot' though so I do find myself returning to that sound quite a bit. I have in mind ultimately to go the Receptor route (like Tonysounds on this forum did) for somewhat of an investment $-wise, so I can enjoy playing these sounds live. I have a few romplers I'm resorting to presently, but the Scarbee stuff kicks it up several notches in terms of authenticity.

It will be interesting to see how and whether the effects are refactored once they get re-released as NI-branded product very soon (perhaps right after NAMM?).

I prefer recording everything dry and applying effects later in the mix, so I do hope they don't integrate the effects into the Kontakt Instrument setups!

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Archived