Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Mackie Thumps

Byrdman

Anybody using these? Interested in any experience. I sold all my SRM450's before moving and need to get an amp. I am a bit worried they are 11db down in max SPL from the 450's (113 versus 124 continuous) but as I never really cranked the 450s I don't think that's a problem. So reliability would be the main question (the 450's were extremely rugged)

I like the on-board eq with sweepable mids and the slightly better low end plus they are 4lb lighter (more like 15 from the V1 450's I had)

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've never been impressed by the thumps. Entry level at best. The SRM's while not the greatest are wayyyy better. Check ebay for some used SRM's. They were abundant and selling relatively cheap a month ago or so.
SR guy thats finally decided to put his collection of toys to personal use (extremely G.A.S.'y) LOL

I got a Thump recently. Only used it for 1 practice (pretty low volume) and 1 gig (very loud volume) and I like it. I wear earplugs on the high volume gig, so I'm surely not hearing it with 100% accuracy, but it was clean and plenty loud. I only had it turned up about half way, with my mixer channel and send about half way as well. I was under a tight budget and this seemed to be the best bang for the buck with the eq and other features.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

It has a midrange hole reducer on the back, and they are only 50 bucks more than the Tapco! :)

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Archived