Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Christmas songs

Tonysounds

During the Halloween season, I was posting a Halloween song from Youtube on my facebook every day. I'm doing it for for Christmas too. If you guys don't mind, I'll post what I've put up here if its okay? If so, then here's what you've missed so far:

12.4.09:

12.5.09: http://tinyurl.com/ykdfjux

12.6.09:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHXnCHfwui4&NR=1&feature=fvwp

12.7.09: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX0vOYwHj30

Enjoy...they won't all be keyboard centric, but hopefully you'll like them!

Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just in case my poorly worded topic is scaring people off, these aren't MY Christams songs! :laugh:

These are just great (and not-so-great) Christmas songs I've dug up in YouTube. Today's song is ELP killing The Nutrocker. (Is that an early Clavinet or some other keyboard? The reverse colored keys and the cabinet are foreign to me.)

Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

Somewhat unrelated to the content, but definitely related to the title:

Since my purchase of a REAL piano a couple years back, I though it would be great to learn some Christmas songs for playing to the family throughout the season. Last Christmas I acquired some sheet music kind of late in the season. A little too late to master anything in time for Christmas.

Well, around Thanksgiving I broke them out and started giving it a shot for this season. Makes me remember how HORRIBLE I am at sight reading. I mean HORRIBLE. I basically have to peck through it until I figure out how it is supposed to go, sort of memorize it, then I can play along using the sheet music for reference. This worked pretty well for "A Christmas Song" and "Winter Wonderland", but "Dance of the Sugar Plum Faries" is kicking my butt! I have to admit (and this is REALLY embarrassing), since most of it is outside the staff, I had to grab a red pen and write in notes so I could make it through reasonably. I know. Let the chastising begin. I just never read music anymore - I do everything by ear - it's been over 20 years since I read much sheet music.

I'm not used to having to practice this much either. But I'm determined - by Christmas, I will have a handful of songs nailed. We celebrate at my sister's house and she has a piano. They don't know it yet, but they're getting a recital!

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Just caught Michael McDonald on Conan playing a ukulele while singin "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas". He was accompanied by none other than Nathan East on upright and a small string section (maybe 7-8 players).

I'm normally really not into Christmas music, but being a fan of the Mac, I have to say it was REALLY SWEET!

Ian Benhamou

Keyboards/Guitar/Vocals

[url:https://www.facebook.com/OfficialTheMusicalBox/]The Musical Box[/url]

It's not Christmas without Brave Combo....

Hmmm. We are going to be in San Antonio for Christmas and they are playing Sam's Burger Joint on Boxing Day. Sounds like we should go, eh?

Dan Duran, how can we make fun of you for something most of us would probably admit to sucking at as well? :) Actually, I might be better at sight reading than I think I am. My problem is that I always second guess myself when I was right in the first place.

Tony - excellent choice. :thu:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Archived