Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

more X than X itself

Johan Larson

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll take one! :D

At first glance, that Gibby style bridge/stop tailpiece appears to be the biggest divergence from yer typical strat or tele style geetar (??)

http://www.reverendguitars.com/reverend/images/guitars/bolt_on_series/six_gun/six_gun_mblu.jpg

Just a pinch between the geek and chum

Reverend is a good company, and I've played a couple of their guitars, and liked them well enough.

I agree that some of them look odd... I thought that it was just me.

But in terms of making an X better than the X itself.... that is impossible. For any given X, if that is what you want, that is what you should buy. Some manufacturers make better guitars than Fender, but an American Strat is a Strat, and nothing else will feel, sound, or play like the Strat. So if you want that Strat feel, sound, and playing experience, you waste your money to go elsewhere. Same is true with Les Pauls, Martins, et al. I've had a lot of guitars in my life, and I'm past the point of needing a given guitar; or being impressed by some flashy competition. My belief is that the classics are classics for a reason. Doesn't mean that you should not have something else, just means that if what you really want is the classic, get the classic.

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

I had a Reverend Avenger GT, which was their stock body with a h/s/s pickup config, single coil-sized Kent Armstrong 'bucker at the bridge with a coil tap.

It was the single best-sounding strat-style guitar I ever owned, and I've owned plenty of 'em.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

"Man does not live by bread alone, he must have some peanut butter!

Bro. Dave Gardner"

and he sits in the house next to the house on which he meditates. Eattin' that No Doze and drinkin' that Air Wick.

A Southern Gentleman is always outstanding in his field.

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

The Revs I've tried out do seem well put together, but I can't say I'm smitten with the look. Still, very good value for the $.

Out of the line, I find a couple to be attractive, while many of the others look as if some cut, color, or feature was added just to differentiate it from another manufacturers work.

oh, I thought of another Brother Dave line, this one part of a song.... "he had zippers on his sleeves and zippers on his back and a tatoo on his arm saying "Mammy, You The Most".

Steve Martin

oh, I thought of another Brother Dave line, this one part of a song.... "he had zippers on his sleeves and zippers on his back and a tatoo on his arm saying "Mammy, You The Most".

Ah yes, the story of Chuck, the motorcycle rider who wore an leather aviator's helmet with zippers on the sides so his sideburns could fly in the breeze, and Baby, his loving if somewhat ditsy girlfriend.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Archived