Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

fender squier or fender made in mexico

simus35

Wich one is better between a fender squier stratocaster classic vide 50 and a fender stratocaster made in mexico

thanks in advance

sorry for my english i'm a french Canadien

fender 65 Twin Reverb reissue

Fender Stratocaster 1999 MIA

Fender Stratocaster 2013 MIA

Godin Artisan ST-5

Godin LG Signature

Seagull S6

Yes I love Godin guitar

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wich one is better between a fender squier stratocaster classic vide 50 and a fender stratocaster made in mexico

thanks in advance

h, t, F, S, S, C, V, b, F, S, M, ?

T, .

Work it out.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

does it mean the letter of serial number (h, t, F, S, S, C, V, b, F, S, M, ?)

Godin Artisan ST-5

Godin LG Signature

Seagull S6

Yes I love Godin guitar

Now you may be trying to pull the wool over my eyes here, but from my recollection of the language, I'm sure that even the version of French spoken in Canada uses capital letters and punctuation!!!!

:)

G.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

I would tend to expect that a bona fide Fender will usually be a better overall guitar than a similarly styled model from the Fender Squier-line. But whenever possible, try and buy guitars where you can out your hands on them- and preferably where they can do set-up, repairs, and modifications in-store/on-premises! :thu::cool:

Many "MIM" Fenders are pretty good guitars. And to be fair, the Squier line is generally very good for the price- and sometimes very, very good for the price.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

i check both on the net. the classic vide 50 use Pickup(3 Custom Vintage Style Single-Coil Strat® Pickups with Staggered, AlNiCo 3 Magnet Pole Pieces) and the MIM use pickup (3 Standard Single-Coil Strat® Pickups (Ceramic Magnets) ) what the diffence between those pickup. the rest are the same except the string

Godin Artisan ST-5

Godin LG Signature

Seagull S6

Yes I love Godin guitar

i think the classic vibe strat has more going for it spec wise. i tried one in the store and i was impressed. the standard ceramic strat pickups in the MIM do not impress me. the neck on the Classic vibe is sweet as well.

the classic vibe is a tad cheaper isn't it?

Oh, Classic Vibe 50- (not Vide)- I'm not making fun of you, I'm just saying, that's why I didn't know what guitar you meant!

Hmn, that does look to be a pretty cool guitar for the money, nice and very 1950s Stratocaster like, but it's always so hard to really say without getting your hands on one- or even several, as these can vary from one to another, even just from variances in the wood.

Can you give us links to the two specific models of guitars that you're comparing?

"All other things remaining equal"- the AlNiCo III magnet-pickups should probably have a little bit more of a vintage-y type, warm but still bright, clear tone, than the ceramic-magnet pickups, which will probably be bright and clear, but with a little more aggressive, modern sort of edge.

Do some searching and reading on pickup maker's websites, like Seymour Duncan, EMG, etc. and read their descriptions for their AlNiCo pickups and their ceramic pickups, to get more of an idea of the differences that these two magnet-types tend to impart.

There's a lot more to pickups than their magnet-type, though, so "all other things" are probably NOT "equal"...

i think the classic vibe strat has more going for it spec wise. i tried one in the store and i was impressed. the standard ceramic strat pickups in the MIM do not impress me. the neck on the Classic vibe is sweet as well.

the classic vibe is a tad cheaper isn't it?

Sounds like a good way to go, then!

Godin Artisan ST-5

Godin LG Signature

Seagull S6

Yes I love Godin guitar

(Guitarzan- the Squier Classic Vibe '50s Strat is about $150 less than the Fender Standard Strat.)

Boy, it's hard to pick one or the other there based solely on reading their descriptions and specs; going by Guitarzan's comments, and the savings in price, I'd guess that between the two, you'd probably do well to go with the Squier.

One consideration- resale value of the Fender Standard is probably going to be better than for the Squier Classic Vibe '50s.

Hi there,

I haven't played the squire but a few of my students have bought MIM strats and I was very impressed with them. Esp liked the chunky neck and frets on one i played.

OT...a student brought in his Dad's early 80s squire strat and it was great.

Very OT...I'm back online fulltime!

Guitar Speak Podcast

www.guitarspeakpodcast.libsyn.com

https://www.facebook.com/guitarspeakpodcast

www.itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/guitar-speak-podcast

after try both of them. i decide to buy The Squier Classic Vibe Stratocaster® 50s. i paid only 383$ CND. And i choose this one

http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt34/simus35/fender.jpg

Godin Artisan ST-5

Godin LG Signature

Seagull S6

Yes I love Godin guitar

after try both of them. i decide to buy The Squier Classic Vibe Stratocaster® 50s. i paid only 383$ CND. And i choose this one

Cool. One of the nifty things about the Strat is the large aftermarket of upgrades and modifications -- all kinds of ways to hot-rod it or pimp it up. Lots of people replace the pick-guard or the pickups.

Sharp lookin' axe ya got there now, simus35! Is that a gold-anodized aluminum pickguard? Cool. :cool:

Keep us posted, let us know how you like it, how it plays and sounds!

Apply a little tiny dab of lube, like clear Teflon gel, to the nut-slots, bridge-saddles, the screws that the bridge pivots on, under the string-retainer for the 1st and 2nd strings on the headstock, anywhere that the strings touch anything, especially metal (except for where the strings go on the tuners, and, of course, the frets :D ) or where there are mechanical moving parts. This will help the guitar stay in tune better, particularly if you use the whammy-bar.

You probably already know this, but in case I accidentaly misled you, don't put lube in the Volume or Tone pots, or the pickup selector-switch, unless it's electronic "(TV) Tuner Cleaner" aka "Control/Contact Cleaner & Lubricant", which cleans electronics parts and leaves behind a residual lubricant especially intended for electronics.

Cool. One of the nifty things about the Strat is the large aftermarket of upgrades and modifications -- all kinds of ways to hot-rod it or pimp it up. Lots of people replace the pick-guard or the pickups.

Nice thing about that one is, if the basic quality is alright, he shouldn't need to be in a hurry to mod or upgrade it.

It's worth noting that parts might not be immediately interchangeable and retrofitting for some Strat-style guitars, particularly Asian-made examples like this one. You'd want to double check measurements and specs before buying any parts to swap on it...

to Caevan O'Shite. Yes is a gold-anodized aluminum pickguard

Godin Artisan ST-5

Godin LG Signature

Seagull S6

Yes I love Godin guitar

Archived