Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Komplete 6

richwhite9

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rich, I was in surgery so have quickly fallen behind on this thread. I don't use a music keyboard at the computer because I don't have room. So I can't see the screen when I work with VI's, meaning I'm not going to be using the control surface to edit parameters, drawbars, etc. I may eventually get a 25-key controller just for the computer.

Anyway, thanks for the Drawbar '57 ref, which I haven't rwad yet but will look at. I thought they were saying the tiny little 8 MB organ sample (or whatever size it is) in the existing Kontakt 3 library is "good enough" to obviate the need for B4 II. :-) THAT was indeed a stretch!

And now, I'll see if I can catch up... I posted most of my comments on MOTUnation apparently, and not here, so I'll just shut up and read what others have to say...

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

I did try all the GSi(?) plugs last night, but need to listen back tonight on loudspeakers and headphones were too hard to judge by in terms of how they sit in the mix vs. Scarbee, NI, etc.

I had to use Cubase for VB3 since it won't work in Digital Performer. Geesh, is Cubase ever convoluted. At any rate, I got far enough on my learning curve to get a good feel for VB3, and do feel it is more three dimensional and deeper sounding than B4. I won't be able to use it though unless they fix it for DP.

I didn't care for the mk2 update of Mr. Ray 73, and I know several others who preferred the earlier version. The Wurly was canceled for some reason. The clavinet is interesting, and the CP-80 models the acoustic sound vs. the amped sound, so is quite different from PCP-80. I need to recompare the clavinet to Scarbee tonight.

See, they're all on sale until 22 September, so the timing is perfect for picking up disenchanted NI customers who are losing some of their electromechanical keyboard libraries/instruments.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Archived