Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Bossa Nova sheet music

Does anyone know a good source for Bossa Nova sheet music (either on paper or electronically)? I'm looking mainly for stuff from the 1960s, especially Jobim songs. I have the Real Book, and it has a decent selection, but it's missing a lot great stuff, like Aguas de Marco. I know there's a Latin Real Book, but it doesn't seem to contain a lot of Bossa Novas.

thanks!

Jonathan

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hal Leonard has a reasonably good ANTHOLOGY with most of the best-known tunes. Both "aguas" are in it.

Linwood: Are there charts for everything on that site? I saw links for A + B titled songs, plus registered and searched for others, with mixed result.

I'd love to replace my #10 envelope chart for Caminhos Cruzados with the real thing. . .

"The Doomer allows the player to do things beyond which are possible without the accessory."

Two brazilian publishers Irmãos Vitale and Lumiar appear to have a whole bunch of great songbooks for MPB and bossa nova artists, including some wonderful looking bossa nova collections. There is a collection of Carlos Lyra bossas that looks great. I have the companion CD. However, I've not been able to find many of the titles I want. Some sites list them as out of stock. Anyway, google those names and good luck.

If you find a copy of a Guinga songbook, let me know.

Reid

"The Doomer allows the player to do things beyond which are possible without the accessory."

Archived