Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Review of th Eipi. Willshire

mcwhit

I have seen the Eipiphone Willshire guitar for sale in MF. catlog for $299. The custom shop model u reviewed was over $2000 . Lets compare what you get for $300 agaisnt the $2000 dollar model and see the difference. Is their $1700 worth of difference? Not all players can spend just to add to their collection if a guitar plays good and can be setup to play great give it a chance
Chris Whitworth

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, welcome to the Guitar Player Forum, mcwhit!

I'm guessing that you meant to address this to Guitar Player magazine's Feedback-column; messages so intended can be sent via e-mail to guitplyr@musicplayer.com.

This is a bb-style forum casually focused on general guitar/music-related discussion. Please, feel free to stick around and post here as often as you like! We like to talk guitars 'n' amps 'n' stuff here. A lot. Too much. :D

As for the Epi Wilshire guitar you cite, was the model that was reviewed in GP an Epiphone, or a Gibson Custom Shop model? There would be a big difference in price between the two; their relative value, however, would depend quite a bit on the player and their wants and needs. I'm not getting in line to buy either one, myself!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

The new Wilshire reissue is an Epiphone, but made by the Gibson Custom Shop in Nashville. So technically it is a Gibson, but they have put the Epi name on it to keep it a true reissue.

Oh- OK; gotcha. I should have realized that to begin with! D'OH! :freak::D

I've edited my first post above; I had mixed up their e-mail address for a url...

You might also try hopping over to the Guitar Player Editors' Office to post things addressed to the Editors.

I have seen the Eipiphone Willshire guitar for sale in MF. catlog for $299. The custom shop model u reviewed was over $2000 . Lets compare what you get for $300 agaisnt the $2000 dollar model and see the difference. Is their $1700 worth of difference? Not all players can spend just to add to their collection if a guitar plays good and can be setup to play great give it a chance

These are totally different animals. The custom shop model is manufactured by the Gibson custom shop in Nashville, is equipped with P90s and is a limited run "collectible" type guitar (although some folks may want to use it as a player). The standard Epiphone Wishire is made in China and equipped with Epiphone humbuckers. It's much more of a "player" instrument. I haven't played one but would probably consider it an inexpensive alternative to an SG.

Mudcat's music on Soundclick

"Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em."-The Webb Wilder Credo-

Archived