Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Milwaukee:Summerfest recommendations?

Sam Mullins

I'm heading north to Milwaukee and will hit Summerfest a couple times over the weekend. I looked through the schedule and I recognize most (but not all) of the headliner acts on each stage. Does anyone have a recommendation for one of the lesser knowns acts that appear earlier in the day? One of the great joys of these humongous multi-stage festivals is to "discover" a new future favorite.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Sam

Nord Stage 3 88, Korg Kronos 2 61, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S1, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Milwaukee Summerfest!

I saw Bonnie Raitt there back in 94.

Cool place.

No suggestions though.

Yeah, I've been there 3-4 times and seen some good shows. One highlight was seeing Stevie Winwood a couple years ago. His Hammond playing was really tasty. It was an odd crowd, mostly over 40 (my demographic) and under 25. I didn't get it until I started talking to the young couple next to me...they see Stevie as one of the forefathers of the jam band scene. Kinda like Neil Young with grunge.

Sam

Nord Stage 3 88, Korg Kronos 2 61, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S1, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

Archived