Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Milwaukee:Summerfest recommendations?

Sam Mullins

I'm heading north to Milwaukee and will hit Summerfest a couple times over the weekend. I looked through the schedule and I recognize most (but not all) of the headliner acts on each stage. Does anyone have a recommendation for one of the lesser knowns acts that appear earlier in the day? One of the great joys of these humongous multi-stage festivals is to "discover" a new future favorite.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Sam

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Milwaukee Summerfest!

I saw Bonnie Raitt there back in 94.

Cool place.

No suggestions though.

Yeah, I've been there 3-4 times and seen some good shows. One highlight was seeing Stevie Winwood a couple years ago. His Hammond playing was really tasty. It was an odd crowd, mostly over 40 (my demographic) and under 25. I didn't get it until I started talking to the young couple next to me...they see Stevie as one of the forefathers of the jam band scene. Kinda like Neil Young with grunge.

Sam

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

Archived