Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Korg DS-10 Plus announcement

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those of us who can't watch YouTube (it's disallowed at work, and rightfully so -- even though many training videos and seminars are now posted there -- and at home it stutters too much to be useful), could you tell us what the product is?

This is different than the MS-20 release from KLC earlier?

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Ah, sorry, Mark.

The Korg DS-10 is a virtual MS-10 for the Nintendo DS/DS Lite portable gaming console:

http://www.korgds10synthesizer.com/

One of the complaints about the Nintendo DS and DS Lite is that the audio output is kind of weak. The DS-10 development team had to compensate for the weak output.

The Nintendo DSi is the youngest member of the DS family. It has a stronger audio output level and more built-in audio functionality, as well as a faster processor. The DS-10 was not optimized for the DSi. The DS-10 Plus will be.

Also, what you are unfortunately unable to view is a brilliant parody of a typical Steve Jobs Keynote Speech for Apple.

OK, thanks -- so it is an update to what they already released, compensating for platform deficiencies.

Although I have no personal interest in gaming devices, consumer gadgets, etc., and never have, I see this move by Korg and other vendors, as opening up new doors to creativity for younger and poorer musicians who may not at least initially be able to invest in a more professional setup. It gives them room to explore.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

There have been other people on this forum who posted about using the DS-10. It had more appeal to me when I was taking the Metro to work every day - neat way to work on some beats while passing the time riding, despite its weak audio level (was really irritating when I was "playing" My French Coach, a language practice app for the DS as I sometimes couldn't hear what my virtual teacher was saying). But I suppose this announcement would be of greatest interest to these existing users and others who expressed interest but weren't quite ready to pick up a Nintendo yet.

My "problem" is I will soon be getting an iPhone 3GS and that will probably be my handheld music tool insteat.

Archived