Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Broadjam

Dave Bryce

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool, that was pretty easy to set up a free account. We'll probably upgrade soon after we give it a chance.

Now I'm off to review some songs so we can get feed back on ours.

Check out our two new songs. We just remixed them and I think they sound a lot better. Still learning the mixing/mastering stuff!

http://www.broadjam.com/junkbelly

Would love some feedback...

Congratulations, Dave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, brother Ken!

dB

You got it, Brother Dave!!! Happy to hear the good news!!!!

I've signed up. If you are on there, please feel free to "connect to me." After all, that's part of the point, right?

http://www.broadjam.com/JoeStone

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Cool, that was pretty easy to set up a free account. We'll probably upgrade soon after we give it a chance.

Check out our two new songs. We just remixed them and I think they sound a lot better. Still learning the mixing/mastering stuff!

How do you give feedback? Dude, your songs are great, I've really dug both! (I'd like to post that on Broadjam once I figure that out)

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

How do you give feedback? Dude, your songs are great, I've really dug both! (I'd like to post that on Broadjam once I figure that out)

Thanks man! Heh, I'm not sure about the feedback on Broadjam either. I can't actually listen to anything at work, but I can see stuff. Maybe David B can help us out.

Thanks again for taking a listen, I really appreciate it.

I'm not sure about the feedback on Broadjam either. I can't actually listen to anything at work, but I can see stuff. Maybe David B can help us out.

I'm actually not sure how to do that myself. I know how to do reviews of random tunes based on genre, I know how to add someone's tune to a playlist, how to contact an artist, etc...but I'm not sure how to leave feedback on a particular tune.

Lemme check...I'll be back...

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Hey gang,

Jesse from Broadjam here, thank you kindly for having me. I'm going to have to keep this thread on the DL so Roy doesn't read it and get a big head! But seriously folks, I just wanted to chime in on the song feedback question. As David mentioned, it is possible to contact an artist and tell them how cool they are - you can do that if you're logged in to your account by clicking "contact artist" on their profile page.

Broadjam also has a unique peer review mechanism - it's a great way to get constructive feedback on your tunes. Basically, you need to complete reviews to get your own songs reviewed. To get started, click on Review Music in the header of the Broadjam homepage. From there you can review songs by selecting a random song or specific genre.

The more Broadjam peer reviews you complete, the better your chances of receiving more reviews in return. After you receive a review, you are asked to rate the quality of the review. The reviews you receive will come from similar quality reviewers, so its important to rate reviewers fairly in your artist feedback area. We do this to reward the people who take the time to give constructive and helpful reviews, by directing similarly rated reviewers to their songs.

Thanks for the info Jesse. Now that I've read that and had a chance to spend some time (and actually hear-can't listen at work) with the site I think it's pretty cool. It's pretty fun to get random songs to listen to and review. I like how they hide the artist name/profile from you until after you review, so you don't have anything influencing your thoughts on the song but the song itself.

I think I did enough reviews to activate our songs for review now.

www.broadjam.com/junkbelly

Cheers!

Well, we went ahead and upgraded our membership to make it cheaper to submit our songs to the various contests and licensing opportunities.

We'll see how it goes. Anyone else here ever submit their work to those other things?

They have a long list of 'success' stories, but I wish that there was more specific details on what the opportunities really are. What they pay, if anything, etc. It's kind of a leap of faith to have to pay to submit your song. I understand that requiring payment cuts down on the riff-raff, but still...

They have a long list of 'success' stories, but I wish that there was more specific details on what the opportunities really are. What they pay, if anything, etc. It's kind of a leap of faith to have to pay to submit your song. I understand that requiring payment cuts down on the riff-raff, but still...

The other part of the submission payment is that's all the $ Broadjam makes on this stuff. If your music gets chosen, you work the deal directly with the music supervisor - Broadjam takes nothing. Also, because the stuff is so well qualified, it allows Broadjam to send all the submissions directly to the music supervisors that requested them. That's not a bad thing at all.

As far as what it pays if your stuff is chosen, from what I understand it really varies - there's no set scale. If they want your stuff, they'll make you an offer.

dB

Broadjam

There isn't a specific genre for that, but there are few subcategories in some of the genre into which inspirational music would fit (e.g. gospel in the Blues genre, Religious in the Rock or Country genres), so you can actually be very specific about where said inspirational music lands....don't necessarily want a Blues gospel tune lumped in with an Amy Grant tune....

dB

congrats and best wishes for you on the new gig dB. :thu:

Thank you, brother Marky.

Turns out to be one of two new gigs - in addition to the Broadjam thing, I'm also gonna be working with the nice Summit Audio folks as well. :thu:

dB

• 5 weeks later...
If you go to keyboardmag.tv, select ASCAP2009, there is a clip about Broadjam. The interview is by Steve Fortner, and he's interviewing our own Dave Bryce. :thu:

• 1 month later...

As we (slowly!) get recordings of our songs done, we've been adding them to Broadjam and today I got notified that one of them ("Walk That Line") has cracked the Top 10 on the Blues-Rock chart and it's at #19 on the overall Blues chart. Pretty cool :)

We've got our first real gigs this weekend. I'm pretty nervous.

I don't think you have reason to be nervous if people like what you are doing, as you've just posted.

Knock 'em dead. :thu:

Excellent! With a few exceptions, I find it just gets easier

I tried to listen to some Junk Belly, but it wouldn't play! I enabled pop-ups, but still nothing. Do I have to sign up to listen? (I was thinking about anyway) As for my band, as of now we only have a myspace plus a page on facebook. The rest is word of mouth.

Did the pop up window show? It does play in a flash (I think) player in a pop up window. I get the pop up but the streaming part is blocked at work. Works great at home though.

Archived