Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Where's the best place to live in Florida?

Jazz+

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So you're saying that Florida is the Casio of the continental U.S.? ;):P

Not from what I remember during my last visit in 1977. :D

However, I do wonder if it still rains on one side of the street there. :):cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Don't be fooled by the zero state income tax, the local munincipalities have made up for that state shortcoming. It varies from place to place though. I figured it out, and for us the tax issue is pretty much a wash as what we pay here in PA will be about the same as what we will have to pay in Fla.

Currently the stax that you see listed on a real estate ad will look hogh, because it is based upon the last selling price pf the home. But as these homes are now selling at far less than the previous value, and the homes are re-assesed every year, you will pay one partial yrear at the old tax rate, and when they re-assess, they will have to assess it at the value that you paid, not any pervious value, so your tax rate will go down. Plus there is the homestead exemption, knocking even more off of the cost.

Bill

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

Archived