Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Finding A Keyboard Online...?

surreal mccoy

Now that I've narrowed my search to either a Kurzweil PC3x or Yamaha Motif XS8, I begin to see the extreme differences within prices between occasional B-stock & blemished items, etc. & new boards. In this economy, I often shake my head when all of a sudden I see a major price increase....?????

So WHAT UP...???? :freak:

Alan

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What "major price increase" are you talking about?

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

There should be a price difference between a B-stock/blemished and new KB.

Otherwise, prices could very well rise against a weak dollar. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

It was brought up on another thread that the Motif XS 61 note board went up $200 in MAP price. The other models remained the same AFAIK.

I don't know that I would buy a B-stock/blemished for the small difference in price the large Internet stores give you as an incentive. Also, if you do your homework, you can get lower than MAP deals if you have cash in hand and know what you want. If its a quick, no BS sale, you can usually save some money. Shop around.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

I just noticed today that Yamaha raised the prices on their P series power amps 50 bucks.

I really don't know what's going on. The yen is still way below 100 to the dollar with the dollar strengthening recently. I have a son living in Tokyo so I watch the exchange rates.

My other son, who builds custom computers from scratch as a sideline, says that computer parts have gone down quite a bit since the recession started.

So Yamaha's price increase in the face of a recession is a mystery.

But we're not talking about a "major price increase" here. It sounds very much like a "minor" price increase on certain items.

Things have gone up at the grocery store too. However, I kept earning the same amount of money. I know my boss's wife does the grocery shopping for their house, so I suppose he "doesn't know" that I could use more money. :rolleyes:

Mike T.

Archived