Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

EV Sxa 360 &Traynor K4 together

johnnyd

I'm planning to run in stereo (looking at the electro voice sxa360 powered cabs)

Right now I'm using a Traynor K4. The thing is I can't afford to get both EV cabs right away(I'll get one now and the other in about six months) I 'm pretty dumb in this area, so question is can I run the Traynor and one EV cabinet together with decent results for now. How would I wire this? I also have a Mackie 1202(the original) in the mix

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John,

I have a K4 also. I think your results will be ok, just run your boards into the 1202 in stereo. Then take two lines from the master or monitor out of the 1202 one for each amp/speaker.

The thing to remember on the K4 is to run your 1/4" cable from the 1202 for that side into the mono (only) input on the K4 so the K4 knows it's just mono. Remember that mono will be the whole left or right side of your sound. The K4 will tri-amp the right or left side itself but it will all be R or L so you can't go wrong really.

The sound will be different than if both the speakers were the same and you may have to EQ slightly (on mixer and/or amp(s)) to match but my guess is it will sound pretty good regardless!

Don't forget two cables for the length that you may need for seperation L / R from the 1202.

CP-50, YC 73,  FP-80, PX5-S, NE-5d61, Kurzweil SP6, XK-3, CX-3, Hammond XK-3, Yamaha YUX Upright, '66 B3/Leslie 145/122

John,

I have a K4 also. I think your results will be ok, just run you boards into the 1202 in stereo. Then take two lines from the master or monitor out of the 1202 one for each amp/speaker.

The thing to remember on the K4 is to run your 1/4" cable from the 1202 for that side into the mono (only) input on the K4 so the K4 knows it's just mono. Rememberthat mono will be the whole left or right side of your sound. The K4 will tri-amp the right or left side itself but it will all be R or L so you can't go wrong really.

The sound will be different than if both the speakers were the same and you may have to EQ slightly (on mixer and/or amp(s)) to match but my guess is it will sound pretty good regardless!

Don't forget two cables for the length that you may need for seperation L / R from the 1202.

Thanx for that infomation .Much appreciated

Fwiw-I might be selling my EV 360 SXAs in the near future to help fund a pair of the L' Acoustics 108Ps.

I purchased them in June of '07. They have high quality covers by "Undercover" and have never been driven hard.

I'll post in the KC classified when I do have them for sale.

I'm just waiting on a local price for the 108Ps to see if I can make this happen.

Archived