Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

There is RED in my near future!!

scottasin

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The FC7 will work if it's rewired.
About the rewiring: as I understand, there are at least two options: actual rewiring as described at http://www.soundonsound.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=322584 , and buying an adapter such as http://music.ashbysolutions.com/misc.html .

I wonder whether a third option might be to make your own adapter. I think the adapter merely switches the tip and ring wires, while keeping the sleeve wire the same. One could build a short adapter for less than $15 without messing with the actual pedal.

Does this seem like it might work, or have I misunderstood the wiring problem? I have an Electro and a Yamaha pedal, and would like to be able to use them together.

Yamaha P2 acoustic, Yamaha P120 digital, Nord Electro 3HP, QSC K10.

FOR SALE: Nord Electro 2-61.

Hey Mike, I don't know about the ION, I was referring to rewiring the FC7 to work with the Electro (which is not compatible in its from-the-factory state). Don't know about any other pedals or adaptors, but I'd check MAudio, as they seem to make everything these days. Their expression pedal (link below) does have a polarity switch, so maybe this would work?

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/EXP.html

Yep - the M-Audio works with the Electro....until it doesn't! I have a couple as spares and for use at home, but I have had one break at a gig in the middle of a solo so I don't depend on them for live use anymore, but treat it gently and it works well...very similar to the EV5. But there is a weak plastic piece inside that tends to break. I now use the FC7 with an adapter from Ashby and it works great, but is a bit more expensive. If you are on a budget and be gentle with the M-Audio, it will do the job.

Enjoy the Nord!!! It is by far my favorite keyboard I've ever owned or bought. Tell Mom - It's an great "investment" for future returns - cash flow from gigs! You can't afford NOT to buy it! :rolleyes:

PC3X, PC1se, NE2 61, DSI P08, ARP Odyssey MkII 2810, ARP Little Brother, Moog Slim Phatty, Doepfer Dark Energy, Arturia MiniBrute, Microkorg, Motion Sound KP200S,

I wonder whether a third option might be to make your own adapter. I think the adapter merely switches the tip and ring wires, while keeping the sleeve wire the same. One could build a short adapter for less than $15 without messing with the actual pedal.

Does this seem like it might work, or have I misunderstood the wiring problem? I have an Electro and a Yamaha pedal, and would like to be able to use them together.

100% correct. Switch ring and tip by whatever means and you are done. I would venture to say that the Yamaha FC-7 is used by more folks than any other pedal. The long throw is perfect for expression.

Moe

---

I use the FC-7 and it's very smooth and a good size compared to the Roland that I compared it to at Guitar Center. Also, it's a lot cheaper than the Roland.

I keep mine in the original box like MikeT156. The little clip on the end does tend to get a little loose but nothing a screwdriver can't fix.

I've never seen one in the store but they sell a "player's pedal pack" that includes the FC7, a sustain pedal, and a little "board" that keeps it from sliding :

http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/CDA/ContentDetail/ModelSeriesDetail/0,,CNTID%25253D563245%252526CTID%25253D209000,00.html

I didn't know that they couldn't be used with an Electro w/o an adapter (works on my C1 just fine). What exactly happens when you plug it into an electro? Electronically, why won't it work?

www.brianho.net

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/brianho

www.youtube.com/brianhojazz

After saving money and selling away all of my possesions since th beginning of this past summer, I finally got enough money to but myself a brand spankin new Nord Electro 2 61. It should be in by thursday or friday. Being a poor highschool student, I now have only 10 dollars left to my name, but its worth it.

That's so cool! That's a great first keyboard. That's just a great keyboard, period. I totally hope that you get years of fun and music out of it. Post some music you do with it when you have a chance!

After saving money and selling away all of my possesions since th beginning of this past summer, I finally got enough money to but myself a brand spankin new Nord Electro 2 61. It should be in by thursday or friday. Being a poor highschool student, I now have only 10 dollars left to my name, but its worth it.

That's so cool! That's a great first keyboard. That's just a great keyboard, period. I totally hope that you get years of fun and music out of it. Post some music you do with it when you have a chance!

Now that I think of it, it's an interesting purchase for a first keyboard. Mostly retro sounds. May we inquire as to your motivation, Mr. Scottasin?

Regards,

Joe

Now that I think of it, it's an interesting purchase for a first keyboard. Mostly retro sounds. May we inquire as to your motivation, Mr. Scottasin?

Regards,

Joe

My motivation? Because its an absolutley incredible instruiment (or so I hear). My band is probably closest to a funk/groove band, and this has everything I need and nothing I don't... check out some of our already recorded stuff for a bit of a taste as to what we play (shameless self promotion, I know.) reverbnation.com/forty2

and, this isn't my first keyboard. I have had an m-audio prokeys 88sx for the past year, and its been alright, but still doesn't get me everything that I want... and it broke after two months, and I sent it in and got it repaired, but still, after two months of not too intense use and it stops working, its something I just don't feel like dealing with.

the next things on my list (which I'll probably not end up getting since I do have to save for college now) are a decent amp/pa and a decent synth. it could be a few years till I get those though.

Find a way to plug it into some speakers, preferably stereo. The Nords sound great through headphones, but REALLY come alive when you are moving air.

I have an amp to play with my band with, its just not really what you call keyboard equipment... and all of it is borrowed from a friend... its a 100 watt pa/monitor amp that goes to a marshall 4X10 or 12 (not sure which) cab...

it sounds great for rhodes and clav, but is unusable for organ and piano. I also have 4 10 inch with tweeter 100 watt capable stereo speakers, but the main cones are blown. I'll use these once I can buy four 10 inch speakers that are decent. these things are really nice and clean, but we blew them out within a week of use. 100 watts from a stereo must be different than 100 from an amp.

Archived