Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: No new fan mail for Ringo

Eric Iverson

I just read an article entitled "Don't Bother Ringo with your fan mail after Oct. 20" where it states that Ringo is no longer accepting fan mail (after 45 years) "it's going to be tossed - I have too much to do. So no more fan mail. Thank you, thank you. And no objects to be signed. Nothing. Anyway, peace and love, peace and love."

Comments?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I have too much to do?"

I'll take his word at it. I, too, relive my glorious past in my head for several hours a day. And another hour or so to devote to Barbara Bach leaves him with... plenty of nap time. Peace and love!

"Am I enough of a freak to be worth paying to see?"- Separated Out (Marillion)

NEW band Old band

Seriously, I can understand that it might have gotten a little old and tiresome after all these years... I imagine that he's just tired of feeling obligated to open and sometimes reply to it all when he's got family and friends and the years that are left to him to enjoy and deal with.

Plus, in light of the recent threats to Paul McCartney's life... maybe cutting down on unsolicited mail is also an added security measure.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I think it's a cry for MORE fan mail, just to see if anyone's out there listening to him. Maybe he doesn't think he gets enough, and is using some reverse psychology to make himself popular again?

(Not really; just being a cynic.) ;)

"Am I enough of a freak to be worth paying to see?"- Separated Out (Marillion)

NEW band Old band

Seriously..the recent treats to Paul McCartney's life....

If that was actually meant as treats to his life, then I'm sure you're not talking about Heather Mills, or the Israel concert related threats. :laugh: He might go trick or treating and get some candy though. :whistle:

Just a pinch between the geek and chum

I totally sympathize with Ringo! :thu:

I turned off my fan mail not too long ago...

...and I now have about 5...maybe 10...

...extra minutes of free time added to my busy day.

:)

But you gotta love Ringodrumming is his madness :grin:

and hey, hes got Barbaracan anyone here top that? :cool:

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

Hah! Yeah, I meant threats, not treats! D'oh! :freak:

He just needs more time to get by with a little help from his fiends. Ehr, friends. ;)

And, yeah, very clean! :D

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Ringo, according to the article, has been very busy lately with his "All Starr Band" - he's not just sitting around basking in his glory.

I personally don't blame him for just honestly telling people, "I'm sorry, I'm too busy right now to answer personal mail from people I don't know, and sign objects." After 45 years, enough is enough!

Re: Paul's uncle - I've been enjoying a copy of "A Hard Day's Night" I got recently. I think that that actor actually did a lot to make the film entertaining, as opposed to just some fan idolatry BS. "He's a mixer, and a troublemaker."

Him being "clean" was a reference to a Brit sitcom of the day "Steptoe and Son" (the model for "Sanford and Son") where that same actor was often referred to as a "dirty old man" - sort of like Mean Mr. Mustard!

"I have too much to do?"

I'll take his word at it. I, too, relive my glorious past in my head for several hours a day. And another hour or so to devote to Barbara Bach leaves him with... plenty of nap time. Peace and love!

And he's completely entitled to it.

Nash-customized Gibson Les Paul, Godin Progression Plus

Quilter MicroPro Mach 2.0

Does he still have Barbara? That would be something of a record for a rock star, wouldn't it? I mean, as a rule, they tend towards shorter relationships...like about ten days at the max...

Seriously, I thought they split the blanket years ago.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Archived