Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

How deep the blues

Shoes

Well obviously not deep enough or perhaps simply too buoyant to be held down.. you decide.

This is the story that circulated a short while ago about the final "escapades" if that's an appropriate description.. of Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown.

Quite a popular story and many of you may have heard it already but it deserves a post here given the purity and nature of luck when you simply got the blues in your blood.

Read on.

Chicago Tribune

I still think guitars are like shoes, but louder.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buoyant, yes!

I must be weird, what happens to a person's remains once they've vacated their former biological go-bot booty doesn't seem terribly important to me, not nearly so as their memory and how they influenced us. Corpses are cast-off clothes never to be worn again by those we remember, and would do flora and fauna a lot more good than they do us. Funerary rites are for the benefit of the living.

I can almost imagine Mr. Brown writing a wild and humorous song about this kind of maritime necropolis action... Coffin It Up? Haunt Jaunt? Blues Cruise for the Ghost on the Coast?

I got to meet him a couple of times, myself, the first time after a gig; the second time, a friend and I were mistaken for part of his band and seated all together in a club he was playing at that night. Got to hang with him all night whenever they weren't onstage; he just sat down to my immediate left to begin with, and turned to me and said with a faint, dry smile, "How ya doin'?" :D

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Saw him at ACL fest when Mrs. Millo, back then still my girlfriend, and I first moved to Austin in 2004. I was kinda bored and annoyed at that festival, when I noticed he was onstage just went there... he, the Wailers (yes, as in "Bob Marley and the Wailers") and a stupid, comedic electronic act from Venezuela were the acts I enjoyed the most. I was happy I got to see him, sad to hear the news of his passing away. Saw Trey Anastasio and boy that was boring. Pixies, Modest Mouse, Neko Case... blah. All at more than 110 degress.

"Without music, life would be a mistake."

--from 'Beyond Good and Evil', by Friedrich Nietzsche

My MySpace Space

Archived