Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

pc3 questions

ikeaman

hi everyone im thinking of getting one. the 76 is not available here in the uk yet so ill prob get one from the usa. ill be gigging with it so id prefer the lighter model. got a couple of questions so maybe some of you could help me out?

1. are the usa models stuck on 120v or are they switchable to 220v...or even better- will they switch automatically when it is plugged in to whatever the voltage is?

i tried the xs7 and liked it. also tried the g7 but for some reason the operating system didnt agree with me which is strange as i always found rolands to be the most user friendly. the pc3 is the only one i havent played. i dont need a sampler as i already have a receptor and a triton in my rack...which leads me to my next question

2. my band will start covering some 80s toons so are there orchestral 'hits' or horn 'hits' sounds in the pc3? think of 'owner of a lonely heart' by yes and other songs that use those sounds. could i construct one with the pc3s internal waves?

...i will (at the end of the day) leave my rack at home if i could and just use the pc3 (or whatever i decide to buy) and the prophet 08 which i just got ;). it would be shame to bring my rack to gigs just to get an orchestral/horn 'hit' sample

3. re: patch changes. does the sound cut off when you hold it down and change patches at the same time? my old jv90 didnt which was cool. come to think of it does the xs do this as well? i never noticed ( i should have) when i was testing it.

4. sound. overall how does it really blend in a band situation? the xs sounds great. ill be using a lot piano mixed w strings, electric piano, lots of brass sounds and B3. i intend to layer some of these together and split the keyboard with these sounds as well. both my receptor and triton rack do these very well.

yes i have read the other posts about the pc3(x) but i havent seen answers to my voltage question...ive also been to the sonik matter forum and maybe i should have posted this there but frankly i dont like the way that forum is set up (more like a tree). i prefer it here as you can see responses by just scrolling down :)

ive noticed that i only see very few artists use k products (anyone know why?). i see tonnes of y and korg stuff being used. last person i saw to use a k was jordan rudess but as we all know he's got an oasys now. now id love an oasys (tried it as well) but its too expensive and how am i going to get it past the wife :P

..ive never owned a k product before and by reading some of the posts and judging by the enthusiasm by a few of you here, they are really cool keyboards. so..suffice to say i might be joining you ;)

thanks!

i k e a m a n

www.jondimac.com

george forman grill ( special edition w removable plates )

kopparberg non alcoholic pear cider

korg kronos 61

nord lead 1

chapman stick

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) Switchable. Download the latest manual, and you'll see photographic instructions on how to switch the voltage. :thu:

2) Haven't come across the *exact* sound you reference, but there are lots of great orchestral sounds; with the addition of the arpeggiators, you could probably recreate the riff from OOALH.

3) Sounds do not cut off when changing patches. This is a longtime Kurzweil feature.

4) This baby sits in the mix better than any board I've ever used, and really cuts when I need it to (this according to the folks that I've been working with since I bought it... nothing but glowing reviews).

hey sven golly thanks for that! ill download the manual and have a read. ;)

i k e a m a n

www.jondimac.com

korg kronos 61

nord lead 1

chapman stick

hey drawback thats pretty awesome. digital readout as well! my george forman only has an LED.

i k e a m a n

www.jondimac.com

korg kronos 61

nord lead 1

chapman stick

Archived