Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NBA 2008-2009 Thread

Dave Bryce

Like I said, we had company, so I didn't have time. I checked the score on Sportsline, saw it was +12 Lakers at the half, and went back to entertaining.

I'm with ya. I saw about a quarter of the game, Orlando throwing up brick after brick. Plus all I could think about was Pittsburgh's freshly-hoisted Stanley Cup. Why waste time on the Flakers?

:rolleyes:

In all seriousness, though, congrats to the Lakers fans! You stick with your team through thick and thin and this year you were rewarded with the biggest prize in the game. Enjoy!

:thu:

The Black Knight always triumphs!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A side note about Hedo Turkoglu...

If he's on your team, and you're gonna be playing the Lakers in the playoffs, you might want to trade him ASAP.

It's always following one of his, "we got this game in the bag" celebrations that disaster follows (for his team).

2002 Western Conf Finals - Hedo celebrates and a 24 point lead disappears capped by Horry's 3 to win it.

2004 Western Conf Semis - Hedo celebrates Duncan's "game winning" shot... Fisher hits the 0.4 game winner.

2009 NBA Finals - Up by 5 with 36 seconds to go... you guessed it, Hedo celebrates and suddenly... well, you know.

As a Laker fan, I hope he ends up in our playoff path yet again, he's a Turkish good luck charm.

A side note about Hedo Turkoglu...

If he's on your team, and you're gonna be playing the Lakers in the playoffs, you might want to trade him ASAP.

It's always following one of his, "we got this game in the bag" celebrations that disaster follows (for his team).

2002 Western Conf Finals - Hedo celebrates and a 24 point lead disappears capped by Horry's 3 to win it.

2004 Western Conf Semis - Hedo celebrates Duncan's "game winning" shot... Fisher hits the 0.4 game winner.

2009 NBA Finals - Up by 5 with 36 seconds to go... you guessed it, Hedo celebrates and suddenly... well, you know.

As a Laker fan, I hope he ends up in our playoff path yet again, he's a Turkish good luck charm.

So should we trade him to the Portland Trailblazers?

The other option for a coach would be Byron Scott.

The Lakers could win with him too, but probably not running the triangle. I think Shaw or Rambis would do great and the system in place would keep rolling.

Then there's also the possibility of Kobe winning a couple titles as player/coach, ala Bill Russell.

I think he's way more the right guy to do that than say, Jordon or Magic. Kobe could be a great coach.

Kevin McHale's available. Minnesota cut him loose today. After the Garnett trade I think McHale'd be a great coach for the Lakers or move him to the GM position straight away so he can start making a few trades.

...and so in conclusion, may I to ALL of the Laker haters out there, it has been an incredibly fun season. I look forward to next year, when once again, you'll all go through the ups and downs, the false hope that your team actually stands a chance, the amazing plays from around the league, and ultimately another Laker championship and victory parade in Los Angeles.

With that, we begin our countdown... 16, ...

Go Lakers!!!

:snax:

Seriously, it's been a blast you guys... Grif, SDS, kanker, Rabid, Joe, Prof, richwhite, synthdog, mecca, dB, Mags, Dan, Ken, Geoff, Jeff, Steve, EVERYONE... !!!

You guys are lots of fun to talk trash with. :D

I wish I could see the look on your face when you post some of the stuff you do, b. :)

See you next season. ;)

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Archived