Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NBA 2008-2009 Thread

Dave Bryce

Its' the same old story.

East Coast brutes and West Coast 'whiney little cry babies'.

In 'The Godfather' it was Don Corleone versus Moe Greene (modeled after Bugsy Seigal). Look what Fredo became after spending a few years working in Vegas for Moe Greene. Turned agaisnt his family and whined. Whined all the time.

Then there was 2Pac Shakur. All he did was whine. He created a new style of rap called 'gangsta whine'. The whine got so bad the East Coast couldn't take it anymore.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's that? Phil has never lost after leading 1-0 in a series? You can't mean he's 43-0 is such situations!?!?! That seems unlikely, if not impossible.

:D

Wow, that'd have to take a coach who is the greatest coach of all time!!! Even better than Red Auerbach!!!! :D

Agreed. As I mentioned earlier, Orlando is a talented, resilient team. I am sure Kobe and Phil are not taking them lightly.

Yeah, all that intense competition like...

- Clippers

The Clippers are a talented championship-caliber team. How else would they have beat the Celtics?

But we all knew Boston shouldn't even have gotten past Chicago, if not for Rondo being allowed to hack his way through that series flagrant and suspension free. :rolleyes:

Cut Rondo some slack, SteadyB. Put yourself in his position. If you are playing a superior opponent and you really feel your back is against the wall, you're embarrassed, and you're desperate to win, sometimes you take leave of your senses and will do anything - even grab a guy by the arm and fling him into the scorer's table and then take a swing at him - to avoid further humiliation.

- Clippers

The Clippers are a talented championship-caliber team. How else would they have beat the Celtics?

Ah, yes. As are the Pacers, who beat the Lakers, Magic, Celtics, Rockets, and several other playoff teams rather handily... :rolleyes:

- Clippers

Ah, yes. As are the Pacers, who beat the Lakers, Magic, Celtics, Rockets, and several other playoff teams rather handily... :rolleyes:

Hell yeah! ;)
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

- Clippers

Hell yeah! ;)

In fact (following down Ken's road) I'd venture that the Lakers should consider themselves lucky that they didn't have to face the Pacers - I suspect Indiana would sweep the series... :D

Eastern Conference weakness indeed! :P

In fact (following down Ken's road) I'd venture that the Lakers should consider themselves lucky that they didn't have to face the Pacers - I suspect Indiana would sweep the series... :D

Actually, IIRC the Lakers barely got out of the second game against the Pacers with a win...
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

The Lakers would be in *real* trouble if they were facing the Charlotte Bobcats in the post-season!!!!!!

I doubt Griff or anyone else actually thinks that I believe the Eastern Conference is weak, considering I've been saying the contrary for this entire season (at least). The other thing I'll say is that I quite frankly don't care which Conference is stronger.

As for the Clippers, they'll likely draft Blake Griffin since they have the first dibs. Poor chap.

Actually, IIRC the Lakers barely got out of the second game against the Pacers with a win...

I don't remember exactly, but I remember that the Lakers had immense trouble against them.

I doubt Griff or anyone else actually thinks that I believe the Eastern Conference is weak, considering I've been saying the contrary for this entire season (at least). The other thing I'll say is that I quite frankly don't care which Conference is stronger.

Me either, tbh. As long as Overpriced Steak & Co have to earn the title if they get it, I'm cool. If the Magic lay down and die for them, I'm going to be pretty hostile.

As for the Clippers, they'll likely draft Blake Griffin since they have the first dibs. Poor chap.

Overpriced Steak

Here's another smile at Mr. Bryant's expense...

dB

That right there justifies the entire internet
LMAO - that is awesome. I'll be thinking about it during the entire series.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Overpriced Steak

Here's another smile at Mr. Bryant's expense...

dB

Best quote:

Kobe Bryant is one of the few living NBA players to have complained about every single call in every basketball game in which he's ever played. So much so that, some times, opposing players are even able to trick him into arguing against calls that actually went his way, a la the old Daffy Duck duck season/rabbit season routine.

WAAAAA HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

The jealousy towards Kobe and the Lakers on this thread is hilarious.

If any of you haters had Kobe on "your" team, you'd change your tune so fast your head would spin. But keep on hatin',

Steve, Jeff, me and the rest of the Laker fans here get to enjoy watching the best player in the league do amazing stuff on the court game after game after game. While the rest of you can only sit back and hate from the ol' fishin' hole.

Sixers, Cavs, celts, Warriors, Suns, Spurs, Rockets, Bulls, Knicks, queens, Clippers, etc., ...all home watching the games on TV.

Awesome.

:snax:

Steve, Jeff, me and the rest of the Laker fans here get to enjoy watching the best player in the league do amazing stuff on the court game after game after game.
That must be a real blast when the rest of the team decides not to show up. :rolleyes:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Steve, Jeff, me and the rest of the Laker fans here get to enjoy watching the best player in the league do amazing stuff on the court game after game after game.
That must be a real blast when the rest of the team decides not to show up. :rolleyes:

...and assuming said player actually decides he feels like playing. :idea:

dB

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Steve, Jeff, me and the rest of the Laker fans here get to enjoy watching the best player in the league do amazing stuff on the court game after game after game. While the rest of you can only sit back and hate from the ol' fishin' hole.

Sixers, Cavs, celts, Warriors, Suns, Spurs, Rockets, Bulls, Knicks, queens, Clippers, etc., ...all home watching the games on TV.

Awesome.

Yep, the Suns are fishing; but I'm rooting for my second favorite team. ;)

Not a hater here, not even the Spurs.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Both teams are playing like crap (except Rashard Lewis). Orlando is getting tons of open looks, and just not dropping them. Lakers look like they're just basically engaged in SOP: waiting for Kobe to open it up.... :rolleyes:

On the up side, the Dwight Howard Vitamin Water spot busting on the Kobe/LeBron one may be the funniest commercial I've seen all year. :thu::D

dB

Lakers look like they're just basically engaged in SOP: waiting for Kobe to open it up.... :rolleyes:

dB

I disagree. The Lakers are playing very good D for the most part. They need to work a little smarter on Lewis in the 2nd half. Lamar is playing great, and all the other guys are are playing pretty good.

You really need to take off your "Kobe hatin'" glasses, dude. I know you're capable of being a bit more objective.

The Lakers are playing very good D for the most part.

:rolleyes:

No, they're not. The announcers are even pointing it out left and right. Orlando was just missing shot after shot in the first half - Laker D was only responsible for a few of those.

Lamar is playing great

Eh. He's the one letting Lewis get open.

You really need to take off your "Kobe hatin'" glasses, dude.

I'm not hating on Kobe at the moment...I'm busting his teammates. Kobe played great in Game 1, and just had a decent third quarter...

...and if anyone in this thread has "glasses", it's you, mah brutha. ;)

dB

Archived