Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NBA 2008-2009 Thread

Dave Bryce

Isn't Father's day two and a half weeks away?

Regardless, Sunday's no good for me; but I may be able to make one of the games next week.

Best

Geoff

My family is getting together on this day because of my hideous schedule.

I have recording sessions almost every weekend this month, including a big one on the 19-21st, and am going to a Steve Reich show in Ojai on the 14th (another Sunday), although if the game is in the evening, I can probably still make it.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, it's already been a year. This time, they are performing "Music for 18 Musicians", which is one of my favorite albums of all time.

This time, they are performing "Music for 18 Musicians", which is one of my favorite albums of all time.

Wow! How many guys are in the band?

I think it's just one guy with a keyboard workstation. ;)

Anybody wanna try to hang for Game 2 on Sunday?

Since Ken and I can't make Sunday, is there any interest in Games 3 or 4? Game 3 is at 6:00 PM PST on Tuesday, June 9th; and Game 4 is at 6:00 PM PST on Thursday, June 11th.

Best,

Geoff

I can for sure make Thursday the 11th.

If everyone else can make Tuesday the 9th and we're really sure that this is the date, I can rearrange my schedule.

...but it would be an amazing story if Jameer Nelson did make a meaningful contribution in this series.

He'll be making a meaningful contribution... to a Laker championship.

Celtics won't see the finals again sooner than 6 years from now.

If this statement turns out to be true, it won't be because of the Celtics' lack of talent, it'll be due to:

1) The Magic's pure talent level finally meshing (as it did this year) and

2) Cleveland picking up a beast down low (Chris Bosh?) to go with James.

Yes, it's true, the C's are basically in a spot right now where they have a limit on "getting better" except for Rajon Rondo, who seemingly has an unlimited ceiling. If they can stay healthy down the stretch next year, they'll be legit competitors. After that, who knows what will happen? Ray Allen's contract expires after next season. Pierce's the season after that, and KG's the season after that.

One could see that as the C's competitiveness disappearing, or one could see that as the C's ability to reload progressively...

Glass half full/empty, in my view.

...but it would be an amazing story if Jameer Nelson did make a meaningful contribution in this series.

So you're guaranteeing that he won't make any meaningful contribution then, I take it? ;)

So you're guaranteeing that he won't make any meaningful contribution then, I take it? ;)

I as much as guaranteed that--it just doesn't happen that guys miss almost 4 months, scrimmage for 2 weeks and then are ready to excel and playoff intensity ball. When you've got Anthony Johnson providing sturdy backup minutes, it is a risk to even use Nelson for depth.

What prompted my wishful thinking post were the reports from Orl players that, "he looked great," and "he'll play."

He and Delonte West were a hell of a college backcourt, weren't they? St. Joseph's almost went undefeated their senior year, without a lot of other big time talent on the team.

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

I as much as guaranteed that

It was a joke, I was poking at SteadyB about the Lakers losing another finals. WORK WITH ME HERE! :D

--it just doesn't happen that guys miss almost 4 months, scrimmage for 2 weeks and then are ready to excel and playoff intensity ball. When you've got Anthony Johnson providing sturdy backup minutes, it is a risk to even use Nelson for depth.

What prompted my wishful thinking post were the reports from Orl players that, "he looked great," and "he'll play."

He and Delonte West were a hell of a college backcourt, weren't they? St. Joseph's almost went undefeated their senior year, without a lot of other big time talent on the team.

Agreed on all counts.

Well said Jeff!

Me I'm just looking forward to seeing Kobe getting dunked on by [font:Century Gothic]Superman[/font]! Over and over again!

:thu:

That said, I think Gasoft is going to go off tonight.

TROLL . . . ish.

Well said Jeff!

Me I'm just looking forward to seeing Kobe getting dunked on by Superman! Over and over again!

That said, I think Gasoft is going to go off tonight.

I'm looking forward to Kobe dunking on Superman

According to Dwight, Kobe was the first person to ever successfully dunk on him, it was a humbling experience :)

According to Dwight, Kobe was the first person to ever successfully dunk on him, it was a humbling experience :)

It was a very humbling dunk-

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g8/biglez20/KobeDunking.jpg

We'll see how Kobe redefines the words " a humbling experience" once this happens to him!

http://www.geocities.com/tzovas/gallery/howard_dwight.jpg

TROLL . . . ish.

I think Gasoft is going to go off tonight.

Over Dwight? I dunno.

I think that's exactly the plan - feed Gasol the ball over and over again until Dwight gets into foul trouble.

Of course, the problem here for Pau is, Dwight is an exceptional weakside blocker, and since his primary responsibility will be Bynum, that means Pau will be the recipient of that weakside help. And by help, I mean he'll be eating those balls he was laying in at will against the Nuggets.

I know this q will make me look like a total bball noob, but what is weakside? I've been trying to figure this out for a while but I haven't been able to.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

...but what is weakside?

Whatever side Grif is on.

:rimshot:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Archived