Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

For DSamp (big pics warning)

[img]http://www.tinderarts.com/images/big%20gorn.jpg[/img] I'm hoping that my false news thread will sink quickly so I'm replying here. Yes, the character is "The Gorn" from Star Trek. He shoulda kicked Kirk's ass, but the fight was rigged. :D

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ahah yeah i think i remember the episode. im 22 so i was quite young when it aired, and remember rolling around laughing at the rubber-suit lizard-man. i never really got into star trek, nor next gen, but due to a Voyager fanatic at this awesome house i shared through university (it had a lan built into the walls, a pool etc), i think i watched every episode of Voyager at least 10 times... EXCEPT THE LAST TWO. ive never seen them. MORE NERD RAMBLINGS: every time i go to the video store to get a bunch of DVD's (4 for AUD10 bucks, whats that, 6USA bucks?) i doomed with THE CURSE. see THE CURSE means when i go ALONE, the movies i keep wanting to rent, such as PI, Spirited Away, Voyager (last episodes) are always OUT. when i go with my GIRLFRIEND, to get some movies for "us"... well of course there they are... sitting there taunting me. but of course she wants to see "Riding In Cars With Boys" or some other nonsense... im sure she could kick The Gorn's ass though. ROFL that pic is awesome.... bonus fashion points to Gorn for the scarf :p

Voyager sucked. Nothing compared to Next Gen. Gorn looks like something from Lost in Space. The cool creature on Star Trek was that 'salt eating thing'. That was neat! Once in awhile I like to watch Star Trek: The Motion Picture. IMHO, the best of the Trek films, and the truest in form to the original series. It's a very slow moving film, but the plot is really cool. Fantastic soundtrack too!!!

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

I bet you that the scarf was needed to cover the seam between the body suit and the head. [img]http://www.tinderarts.com/images/big%20gorn%20and%20kirk.jpg[/img] Wewus, do ya think the Gorn might be gay??

[quote]Originally posted by DSamp: [b]ahah yeah i think i remember the episode. im 22 so i was quite young when it aired, and remember rolling around laughing at the rubber-suit lizard-man. ROFL that pic is awesome.... bonus fashion points to Gorn for the scarf :p [/b][/quote]Man oh man, I remember this episode , funny when you look back . Joan Rivers never looked better . Dano
www.esnips.com/web/SongsfromDanO

ahaha yeah first thing i thought was "ooh nice scarf, couldnt put the head on nice could you" the gorn gay? well when you consider that that black thing he is holding is most likely a rubber prop.... ps, voyager ruled! light, everything-solved-in-half-an-hour, bitch in charge, cool new species.... rockin. well that and we would play the "quake" style game on our Lan when bored and drunk (well considering our Home Brew Kit most often the latter). THE GORN!!!!!!!!!! THE GORRRRN! what a dramatic name. i wonder where that suit ended up. i heard about the "rummage sale" the studio had when they got rid of much of the star trek "junk".

Yeah, here's what I'm talk'n about... [img]http://home.earthlink.net/%7Etbleblanc/_uimages/SaltVampirenew.jpg[/img] The Salt Vampire. Just a freeky concept. And yes, Voyager sucked... Sorry. Spend some time with Next Gen and you'll see. Jeri Ryan was the best thing to happen to that show -and not just because she is a babe! But, she definitely is a babe!

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

[quote]Originally posted by DSamp: [b]ahah yeah i think i remember the episode. im 22 so i was quite young when it aired, and remember rolling around laughing at the rubber-suit lizard-man...[/b][/quote]Uh... note to DSamp... Not only were you not even a twinkle in your parents' eyes when this aired, there's a good chance they hadn't even met each other. ;) :D You were born in 1981 or '82, right? A quick Google search revealed the original air date as January 19, 1967, almost 3 months before I was born, and I'm 36. (Star Trek originally aired from 1966-69/ ;) )

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

[quote]Originally posted by Super 8: [b]Voyager sucked. Nothing compared to Next Gen. [/b][/quote]Next Gen sucked. It was a joke compared to the Original Series. About a hundred reasons why Next Gen sucked... - Number One's badly acted bravado (a gay man desperately trying to prove how macho he is) - Holodeck never used for 3D alien circus sex (Kirk would have been in that thing 24 hours a day) - Whoopie Goldberg in outer space, smarmy and goofy, just like on Earth, except now she lives forever - Wesley (need I say more?) - Data's Evil Twin shows up more than once (Spock's evil twin kicked some ass and then went away, thank you) - Old Enterprise: sleek and sexy, new Enterprise: butt ugly - Marina Sirtis would have looked better in those 60's mini-skirts and cleavage-exposing tops - Ferenghi always seemed like tasteless, anti-Semitic characatures to me - Any battle that the Borg lose is unrealistic if they really know so much - No Mudd's Women! - No tribbles! - No misguided greek gods! - Kirk's recreational drug of choice is Romulan ale; Picard's was Valium (apparently) - Kirk's mission was to boldly go where no man had come before ;) - Old Klingons were fierce and terrifying wearing only greaspaint and false moustaches - Spock was the most well-developed character in the history of TV; Next Gen aliens are one-dimensional, plastic faced dimwits played by actors who couldn't get work in commercials - Scottie could drink Chief under the table anyday - Crew members went to Dr. Crusher to discuss feelings and other mamby pamby bullshit; nobody went to Bones unless they were dying (or already dead) - Khan!!! - Nomad could have kicked the Borg's ass, and he was only three feet tall - Vulcan mind meld makes you bulletproof - Lincoln and Ghenghis Kahn in the same episode (with a cool creature made of moving rock) - Kirk could chill with anybody, even gangsters with Tommy guns - That chick with the root would make anybody feel better - Picard always followed Starfleet's orders to the letter; Kirk received a commendation for cheating. - An English-speaking French Canadian Jew has more credibility than a Frenchman with a British accent; the latter is simply not possible. :D

The Black Knight always triumphs!

Hey, nothing against the original series! I love William Shatner almost as much as I love Adam West! West, by the way, is the only other actor I know of who could have pulled off the Kirk role as superbly as Shatner did. I'm just saying that Voyager can't compare with Next Gen. Feel free to substitute the original series if you like.

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

[quote]Originally posted by fantasticsound: [b] [quote]Originally posted by DSamp: [b]ahah yeah i think i remember the episode. im 22 so i was quite young when it aired, and remember rolling around laughing at the rubber-suit lizard-man...[/b][/quote]Uh... note to DSamp... Not only were you not even a twinkle in your parents' eyes when this aired, there's a good chance they hadn't even met each other. ;) :D You were born in 1981 or '82, right? A quick Google search revealed the original air date as January 19, 1967, almost 3 months before I was born, and I'm 36. (Star Trek originally aired from 1966-69/ ;) )[/b][/quote]damn people when they are right! wow.... that would mean.... i saw... a REPEAT? is it POSSIBLE??????????? would they REPEAR STAR TREK? its unheard of! thats like saying they would repeat Simpsons! (ps, that = funny in australia. every simpsons episode ever has been repeated exactly one billion times. give or...erm... take a few hundred thousand). unrelated tv show that started off cool but was crap... PRETENDER.

[quote]Originally posted by TinderArts: [b] [img]http://www.tinderarts.com/images/big%20gorn.jpg[/img] I'm hoping that my false news thread will sink quickly so I'm replying here. Yes, the character is "The Gorn" from Star Trek. He shoulda kicked Kirk's ass, but the fight was rigged. :D [/b][/quote]Aren't the eyes windscreens from an SM-58?
I really don't know what to put here.

Archived