Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Adrian Garcia news

bassbuddy

This is a quote from Dave Brown that he posted in the RobT thread. The quote was posted by 09 in the thread where we learned of Dave's passing.

Ya know, we've talked about other bassists dying, famous ones like Entwhistle and The Judge.

Somehow, one of our own hurts a bit more. And, in a weird way, he'll come to life again and again every time we reference an old post he contributed to...

Adrian Garcia's (bassaddik) LowDown profile page.

Thanks, bg. Nicely posted.

Peace.

--s-uu

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I never know what to say in this situation but it's obvious to all how much Adrian was loved. Go with God.

You can stop now -jeremyc

STOP QUOTING EVERY THING I SAY!!! -Bass_god_offspring

lug, you should add that statement to you signature.-Tenstrum

I'm not sure any argument can top lug's. - Sweet Willie

:(

Quote:

"GB: So how did this whole thing start. This whole journey into becoming a bassist.

Adrian: I was in Miami, started in high school. My father was a trombonist but he was having trouble finding work on trombone. So he decided to try bass as he already read bass clef. He tried it and didn't take to it. So the bass way laying around the house so I ended up taking it up. The thing about bass that I would like to mention too is that it's like an insatiable obsession. Other things you can like, like food even, but bass never gets old. I am more in love with it than ever. I am just so excited about it altogether. I am very thankful also, I want to manifest my faith in God. I want to say I feel very strongly about that, that I feel very blessed by God. To have an opportunity to do this. I give him all the glory and all the thanks."

More here:

http://www.globalbass.com/archives/nov2001/adrian_garcia.htm

Tenstrum

"Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face."

Harry Dresden, Storm Front

May you, Adrian, play with the Gods and every bass God in heaven.

My gig tonight will be dedicated to you. If anyone has some of Adrian's music on MP3, I'd like to pay homage to him on my Sunday radio program by playing some, too...

Go Adrian, join the Big Gig in the Sky...

Brought to you by Juancarlin.

www.juancarlinmusic.com

http://www.youtube.com/JuanCarlinMusic

www.facebook.com/JuanCarlinMusic

Instagram: @JuanCarlinMusic

Hi guys,

I just got back into town, and actually read about Adrian's passing away in an Internet Point in Florence, Italy while my wife shopped. I did not have my password so I could not post a reply.

Hate to sound so cliche, but Adrian's passing REALLY made me think. HE was truly a gentleman and a great player.

We'll miss you brother... :(

Best,

Kenny

http://web.mac.com/vibechekmusic/iWeb/site/Home.html

www.vibechekmusic.com

• 7 years later...

Archived