Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Dude is back in Rehab

mdrs

Looks like Steven Tyler is back in Rehab.

Good Luck Steve......

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=97425

http://www.tmz.com/2008/05/21/dude-looks-like-a-rehab/

Thanks to Velodoug for clueing me in on this.

Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=574296

http://www.myspace.com/imdrs

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's too bad that he fell back into any of that again. Not hard to do, though; not exactly easy not-to.

Feeling good is not the same as being happy. The first is temporary and only so deep; the latter has more longevity and depth. And there's always a point of decision where one chooses to go one way, or another.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

If I remember back when the whole band went to the land of sobriety, Tyler said they ALL had to sign a contract stating that if anyone relapsed they were OUT of Aerosmith... Wonder how that's gonna' work out?

I think that Aerosmith used to do AA meetings daily while touring.

Alcoholism sucks. It's always there. One wrong choice, and it's the slippery slope. And, when you fall off the wagon, you typically go right back to being as bad as you were when you had stopped drinking previously.

I don't envy anyone who has the disease. I pray for all addicts to find the strength to keep clean and healthy.

Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."

I was sad to see this in the news. Steve has always been very open about his addiction and recovery. I was able to meet him and the rest of the band on a couple of occasions. Steve and I had a short moment of sobriety talk. I will never forget it. I am sure when he comes out of this he will be even stronger and vocal about what went on. Robin Williams went back to drinking after 20 years sober, we are humans and it's what people with addictions do. Some recover, some never do, some fall and make it again. My prayers and thoughts are with him. It's not the greatest thing when the entire world knows that you messed up but he will overcome this I believe.

I wish him the best.

Yeah. :thu: Me too.

Fame has its price, and this is but one of them. It has to be difficult, the fame... and the addiction.

Not sure why some of those really negative comments on that first link had to be made, but... the price of a free internet I guess.

Gotta' geetar... got the amp. There must be SOMEthing else I... "need".

If I remember back when the whole band went to the land of sobriety, Tyler said they ALL had to sign a contract stating that if anyone relapsed they were OUT of Aerosmith... Wonder how that's gonna' work out?

Alcoholism sucks. It's always there. One wrong choice, and it's the slippery slope. And, when you fall off the wagon, you typically go right back to being as bad as you were when you had stopped drinking previously.

I don't envy anyone who has the disease. I pray for all addicts to find the strength to keep clean and healthy.

Doc... I didn't mean anything malicious by my post... I just remembered that taking place and I remember Steven saying it was a binding notorized contract... I've lost my share of friends and family to drugs and liquor and I was close myself at one point... I wish him the best... as I wish the homeless dude who hangs out on the corner by my house and the businessman who is a complete functional alchoholic and the housewife strung out on vicodin or valium and anyone else with this desease...For every Steven Tyler there are 100,000 nameless faces out there who play no important role in my life... and those are the ones that tear me up the most...

.... .... .... ....

... as I wish the homeless dude who hangs out on the corner by my house and the businessman who is a complete functional alchoholic and the housewife strung out on vicodin or valium and anyone else with this desease...For every Steven Tyler there are 100,000 nameless faces out there who play no important role in my life... and those are the ones that tear me up the most...

And I most certainly did not mean to minimize the faceless ones. I just meant that it becomes easier, imho, to give into a addiction when famous. The money is there, and people almost expect it with the "rawker" image, i.e. Keith Richards. ;)

Gotta' geetar... got the amp. There must be SOMEthing else I... "need".

Doc... I didn't mean anything malicious by my post... I just remembered that taking place and I remember Steven saying it was a binding notorized contract... I've lost my share of friends and family to drugs and liquor and I was close myself at one point... I wish him the best... as I wish the homeless dude who hangs out on the corner by my house and the businessman who is a complete functional alchoholic and the housewife strung out on vicodin or valium and anyone else with this desease...For every Steven Tyler there are 100,000 nameless faces out there who play no important role in my life... and those are the ones that tear me up the most...

Hey Billy....I didn't read anything negative in your comment, and didn't post to respond to you in any negative way. I know you have a good heart, man.

And, your comments here are amazingly right on. I couldn't have said it as well as you just did.

Don

I'm a happy person, what can I say?

Dewd looks like a lady...is part of one of their songs.

Just went to an old friends funeral the other week that drank herself to death...literally.

She was 42.

I just find it hard to be worried about a person of privilege going to rehab...again.

Of course we all wish them the best...but many times when we have to deal with the big things in life...a little humor can help to take you a long way.

Nothing more than that was intended.

Randy

"Just play!"

Hilton is privileged, Kennedy is privileged, a rock musician that started out playing bars is NOT.

Good point Ellwood.

I love Aerosmith, always have and I hope Steven comes through this with flying colors.

Remember when John Entwistle died a few years back from a Cocain overdose? That was such a sad day and I remember thinking then how much can an old body can take before it just gives up. I'd like Steven to stick around a while longer ya know?

My friend Rob was in detox with Steven years ago. If I remember correctly it was Danvers Detox. He told me a story about Tyler writing the lyrics to a song while there. I guess the detox had different wings, Steven's was the East House.

This to me would be the song.

Wake up baby, what you in for

Start the day upon your knees

What you pissin' in the wind for

You musta snorted too much blees

East house pinball wizard

Full tilt bozo played

Second floor trekkie

Makin' warp speed out the door

Julio Anpacolucci

He the only one who stayed

Countin' up the days

Please no more

My Fist Your Face

That's for sure

Hey Betty Boop you got me droolin'

I'm buzzin' 'round your hive tonight

You played the hooky 'stead of schoolin'

Son of a bitch put out the light

Thirteen year old hookers

Drag yourself right through the thorns

You wonder why the man's outside your door

Junior achievers, got the old bull by the horns

Back in the saddle get ya s'more (some more)

My Fist Your Face

That's for sure

Yeah!

East house pinball wizard

Full tilt bozo played

Second floor trekkie's

Makin' warp speed out the door

Julio Anpacolucci

He the only one that stayed

I'm countin' up the days

Please no more

Arr...My Fist Your Face

That's for sure

Oooowhoo...yeah

My Fist Your Face

That's for sure...or wor...ooowhoo

My Fist Your Face

That's for sure...oooh whoo

My Fist Your Face

That's for sure

Hey Billy....I didn't read anything negative in your comment, and didn't post to respond to you in any negative way.

Heck Doc... I know that... I just didn't want anyone to think I was being insensitive... It's just that we all feel it when someone 'famous' pops up on the radar and we tend to not give a second thought to that poor schmuck down the block or the guy that works next to us... I'm just as guilty as the next guy...

In some cases it's the 'carwreck' mentality... Alot of people love to see the mighty fall and 'Mrs. Smith' wouldn't be news if she falls off the wagon...

Truth, Ramp, truth.

Alcohol and drug addiction is a huge problem in our society. And our society doesn't do a particularly good job of dealing with it.

But, each of us can do our part, one step and one person at a time. It starts with compassion and understanding.

Life isn't easy. And, it's a lot tougher for addicts, their families, and their friends. It really affects us all, in some way.

Don

Does anyone know if he actually fell off the wagon? I was wondering if maybe the cravings had started again and he checked himself in before anything actually happened. I guess I'm hoping for a positive angle to this, but then again knowing when to get help is as positive as it gets.

Dan

"I hate what I've become, trying to escape who I am..."

Why, was there plans to foist yet another treacle-drenched pile of dung on the unsuspecting public?

Christ, their last 3 albums were carbon copies of Pump. :freak:

What I dont understand is the medical community agrees that adiction and Alcoholism are diseases but if you drive you break the law.

I had a friend who didn;t take his diabetic meds, passed out while driving, crossed lanes and slammed into another car. He wasn't charged because he was a diabetic,

Makes no sense,

Been There, Seen That, Done That...

Old? My hemorrhoids have hemorrhoids

Archived