Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What Are You Listening To?

memyselfandus

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right now I am listening to "Satisfied" by John Sebastian and David Grisman. This probably surprises no one on this forum!

One of my co-workers has given me "Offerings" by Third Day and "Hell to Pay" by the Jeff Healey Band. I'll probably give a listen to those CDs this weekend.

Michelle

My new baby is a 2002 Collectors by Ovation

I think this is a cool song title -- "Can't Remember to Forget"

I was just listening to the Big Come Up album by The Black Keys, and now one of my friends is playing on East Village Radio, its some pretty crazy stuff. Here's a link,

http://www.eastvillageradio.com/modules.php?name=evrabout

I think he plays to about 2pm EDT, check it out if you have a chance.

Right now it's Tool's 10,000 Days. I'm not a metalhead in any way shape or form but I've become really addicted to this album in spite of myself the past few weeks, it just rocks so hard. One of my friends got me into them and man, the musicianship is top notch. There are all these intricacies and subtleties too that I've really come to appreciate. And FWIW, I really think Danny Carey is one of the best drummers in rock. The rest of them are pretty smoking too. Not easy listening but man this stuff grows on you.

Drive by truckers non stop and the new raveonettes

Nice. Which Drive-By Truckers? Man, they were one of the best concerts I've ever seen. I've seen them a couple of time but the pinnacle was a few summers ago. There was no opening band, no intermission and they played for over three hours to a packed house. It was excellent. I'm real glad I got to see them a few times before Isbell left.

And also if you're interested they backed Bettye LaVette on her solo album that came out late last year. It really sounds like a classic era soul record and she's got a great voice. The Truckers add their swampy, gritty flavor to it too, a superb combination. Highly recommended.

Then you'll never hear surf music again...

Archived