Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Major G.A.S. Attack!

RobRose

Now... I'm a G.A.S.-sy guy (just askl my wife! :-)

Last week I was in Scottsdale and took a side trip up to Cave Creek. The Cave Guitar Company is a terrific shop with tons of top notch gear.

I'm chiefly a Les Paul style player, have a 336 and a Ravelle Custom (all Paul-ish guitars...) Last year I got a G&L ASAT Custom Special and loved it, but could never play a Strat worth a darn -- I tried reall hard and have owned 3 decent ones (American Deluxe, 50th Aniversary, and a G&L s-500 custom). I could never get used to how they feel -- that darned curved neck and lighter body (for a Paul player, anyway).

I found one that spoke to me -- it's a Fender custom shop strat -- tobacco brurst with anodized gold pickguard and beautiful bird's-eye maple neck (satin in back, laquered in front. I picked it up and it felt amzing, immediately.

Bought it after playing it for 10 minutes, and had it shipped back to Canada.

Got it yesterday... haven't put it down since... It feels terrific... Now, I've always shied away from all that stratty stuff (SRV, hendrix) and probably will continue to (Reif'll tell you, I can play blues, just not that style)... Unfortunately it has to go back... It has major cracks in the finish due to a shipping mishap, I can only imagine...What a drag...

Nash-customized Gibson Les Paul, Godin Progression Plus

Quilter MicroPro Mach 2.0

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice!

For the longest time I thought one strat was indistinguishable from another. More recently I have come around to them, then a friend `left` a C/S strat at my place about a year and a half ago-he KNEW I was gonna get taken in (`I think you`re trying to seduce me, Mrs. Stratocaster`). Those freaking C/S strats are

heartbreakers.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

Love to see the birdseye maple neck...

Yeah!! I love the birdseye neck too. :love:

Rob, congrats on the new axe!!! A real looker. :thu:

skipclone(1)... ahhh... "C/S strat"... Please forgive my ignorance. What is that?

Gotta' geetar... got the amp. There must be SOMEthing else I... "need".

Ah, it`s nice but it`s not THAT nice-I did indeed mean Custom Shop. I`ve posted a lot today, my fingers were getting tired.

Anyway it`s the `69 version,

here`s a link but no pics here-the glory goes to RobRose:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a236/skipclone1/whiteguitar.jpg

You mean me?

Well if you go to the soundclick site there`s a tune called `Polaris Station`, but that was done DI, I`m going back to record some new stuff later in the month-maybe I can show what it can do properly then. But I would love to hear something from RobRose too, that is a sweet lookng guitar.

Great lookin guitar Rob. Enjoy.

What can this strange device be?

When I touch it, it gives forth a sound

It's got wires that vibrate, and give music

What can this thing be that I found?

Thanks... My wife's old business partner surprised me with that for my birthday...he's an amazing illustrator. It's a fairly random gatefold from a batman comic... It's in my music studio, so it's just a cool thing for the wall -- I have no particular obsession with Batman, but Catwoman... that may be another story... ;-)

Nash-customized Gibson Les Paul, Godin Progression Plus

Quilter MicroPro Mach 2.0

Thanks... My wife's old business partner surprised me with that for my birthday...he's an amazing illustrator. It's a fairly random gatefold from a batman comic... It's in my music studio, so it's just a cool thing for the wall -- I have no particular obsession with Batman, but Catwoman... that may be another story... ;-)

oh yes Catwoman.....

Archived