Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Great deal for home recording- one day only!

Danzilla

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sweetwater's R&DD utilized top-secret proprietary techniques to analyze the performance factors of rock music's most charismatic frontmen, then concatenated the resulting data onto state-of-the-art Mead notebook paper (precision punched for mounting into a 3-ring binder) using a diamond-sharpened #2 pencil. No erasers were used when compiling the data. Don Delong, the Virtual Frontman Project Manager stated, "We spared no expense while compiling the data used to create Virtual Frontman. All pizzas we consumed during lunch breaks had double cheese, and were of the thick-crust variety."

I don't think anyone is confused about this being a spam link!

Hilarious! :D

This follows in the footsteps of Rane Audio products from 20 years ago when they spoofed themselves with the PI-14, Pseudoacoustic Infector.

Before the net provided us with virtually any piece of useful to useless information at our fingertips several audio companies were kind enough to put together white papers on a variety of subjects related to their products. Rane was well known for their "Rane Notes" as well as detailed cut sheets providing technical specs as well as a layman's description of the product.

Rane dealers had large binders with each of these notes and product sheets and the Pseudoacoustic Infector was placed inside as if it were a real product.

Now you can enjoy it online. Pretty Amusing... PI-14 Pseudoacoustic Infector

or

PI-14 cut sheet pdf

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

I have one of those original Rane product sheets, and I won't give it up.

I did lose the article from Sound Contractor about the piee of equipment called a "Rap Filter" though... it was too funny.

Bill

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

Please don't consider this spam... but I saw this on Sweetwater and I think everyone should have it:
Have what? This is a daily link (it appears), and is constantly changing. Since you didnt say what it was that they were advertizing, anyone who didnt go look the day you posted the initial entry has no cluse what yall are talking about... :mad:

I have one of those original Rane product sheets, and I won't give it up...

Bill

Somewhere I have the entire binder as I requested my own from Rane when I worked at GC in the early 1990's and they sent me one. Good reference material.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Archived