Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

a thin keyboard required!

Gary75

Im just doing a bit of research right now.

Just realised my Kurzweil SP76 is monotimbral internally (I always used it as a controller) and I was planning on using it on top of my Hammond XK System rig as it's not very wide and fits perfect on top.

I need something 61 or preferably 76 note multitimbral, quite light, and width from front to back of nothing more really of 10.5 inches. Not looking for brand new gear as my budget is set to about $750.

Had a look at Roland but with all the large screens these days, that makes them quite wide, so a simple lcd display will be perfect.

Maybe you guys can come up with a few suggestions while im researching :)

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt you'll find something you're looking for. The only synth I can think of is Yamaha S03, but it's 61 keys and sounds so-so.

Maybe a controller + module/laptop? Coltroller this thin will be much easier to find than synth.

Edit: Korg X50 is very thin and lightweight, but it's 61 keys and the action is not nop-notch. Also, check out Korg TR's. THey should be pretty thin. Maybe not 10", but close to that.

Stage: MOX6, V-machine, and Roland AX7

Rolls PM351 for IEMs.

Home/recording: Roland FP4, a few guitars

I use a Roland A33 on top of my XK2 ( http://www.f-music.co.uk/ian-live-1.jpg ) with a Korg N1R sound module. The roland sits fine on top of the XK, has 2 midi outs (the second one I send to the XK for dual manual organ work). You only need a single stand too!

I think the current version (A37) is physically the same size as the A33.

Hope this helps.

Gig rig: Motif XF8,Roland A37~laptop,Prophet 08,Yam WX5~VL70m.

Studio: V-Synth GT,Korg DW8000,A33,Blofeld,N1R,KS Rack,too many VSTs

Freefall www.f-music.co.uk

Archived