Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Favourite Gadget?

RobRose

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have the Planet Waves tools too and they're really useful. One thing though: How do you use the "string stretcher"? Before you put strings on the guitar? I don't get it....

Nash-customized Gibson Les Paul, Godin Progression Plus

Quilter MicroPro Mach 2.0

That looks like it could be a prototype "Thigh Master".... ;)

LOL! It does look like some type of exercise equipment! Alright, so the the gigantic pic makes this look even funnier than it does in real life. I'll try to post a pic of it with some size reference tomorrow. It is definitely a guitar gadget though.

O.K. here it is installed in a manner that I think it was intended. I might be waaay off but it actually does work as a vibrato when installed this way.

First pic is with 2 screws removed and opened up a bit:

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/bsd1965/vibratothing001.jpg

Next pic installed:

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/bsd1965/vibratothing002.jpg

Next pic shows how the bar can even swing out of the way:

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/bsd1965/vibratothing003.jpg

Not trying to hijack RobRose's thread but I thought it was an interesting gadget if not necessarily my favorite.

I have the Planet Waves tools too and they're really useful. One thing though: How do you use the "string stretcher"? Before you put strings on the guitar? I don't get it....
With the strings ON the guitar, you slip the string into the groove on the tool, then you pull up and hold the string in the channel with your finger, then move back and forth several times on the string.

I have one for my bass, and it works much better on the bigger strings, and takes more effort on a guitar.

I go to the site, see "NEW FOR 2008" I'm all "OH GOODY!" and i click it and it's all "ALL NEW AMERICAN STANDARD SERIES!" and I'm like..."what?"

It's sort of just an added bonus. The best way to strech your strings. In my experience, is to do it the old fashioned way. Play em! :rawk:
I go to the site, see "NEW FOR 2008" I'm all "OH GOODY!" and i click it and it's all "ALL NEW AMERICAN STANDARD SERIES!" and I'm like..."what?"

I didn't know that it had a string stretcher on it. I got it in a package with the tripod stand, which is the main reason I bought it. The string cutter is really handy, but I honestly had no idea that it had a string stretcher! :thu: I agree, I've got fingers for that! :D

Avoid playing the amplifier at a volume setting high enough to produce a distorted sound through the speaker-Fender Guitar Course-1966

Archived