Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Is this smooth jazz good or bad ?

Jazz+

JohnH can you hip me to some good David Garfield? I have never been able to get into him and I think he thinks awfully highly of himself, but I don't know if I've heard him represented at his best. What albums should I check out?

For L.A. fusion keyboard, give me Steve Weingart over DG.

Hands down, Los Lobotomys is my favorite. All star cast with Will Lee, Jeff Porcaro, Carlos Vega, Steve Lukather, Joe Sample Vinnie Colaiuta, Brandon Fields. Great songs, not just a bunch of jamming. Second place is David Garfield and the Cats. Live Document from Karizma, with Neil Stubenhaus, Vinnie on drums, Mike Landau also is smoking. Giving Back is also top notch. I watch Dave live when I can get an off night and he's always the best. Everybody has their own taste so if you don't like it no problem here.

John

I have a Los Lobotomy's CD with the aformentioned lineup. I worship at the altar of Jeff Porcaro and Steve L, believe me. But on the whole my socks weren't knocked off! I am going to give it another listen though, as it's been awhile. Also I am going to go see Dave G and the cats at La Ve Lee next chance I get, where I go all the time, but not to see those guys. I am curious now!

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived