Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

WOW!

slap-pop-karl

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like my bass's cheap and cheerful. My one is £60, iknow its unbranded and stuff but i think it feels alot better than any other bass out there.

Okay I got my hair cut! Its now this short *shows how short using hand*

Lets get down to business gentlemen! I want that bagel now!...Don't forget the lettuce!

Wow. That is really cheap for a Wal. All the ones that I've seen recently were more like $5000+ (USD).

I like the none-more-black finish as well. Now the real question is should I put it on my credit card oar knot?

I like my bass's cheap and cheerful. My one is £60, iknow its unbranded and stuff but i think it feels alot better than any other bass out there.

I like my basses to be able to produce the sounds I want and be comfortable in my hands. Damn the cost.

That's cheap for a Wal. They'll only increase in value as I doubt there'll almost certainly be no more made.
Why? Have they switched over to making Flor and Windo models? :o:D

LO_!

That is cheap for a wall. Maybe because it's painted and not one of their usual marvelous woods.

There's rumor of Wal being in the process of going back in business, maybe, but it's rumor. E'en then, there will always be 'before' and 'after' Wals, if the rumor is true.

Oh, looky here - the September 06, 2007 entry.

Maybe Phil Dubs has comment.

- Matt W.

I've gone back and looked at that bass at least 10 times today. If my credit card was in my hand right now it would probably be on it's way to my house. Alas... my credit card is all the way down the hall and in the kitchen sitting safely in my wallet.

Me, not knowing anything about Wal..I have to say it is kind of ugly...but that is just me...It looks very 70s/80s...and that brings back memories of parachute pants and poofed hair...mayby it plays great, I don't know...

My doctor says I'm A.D.D. - I just like to think of it as "multi-tasking"...

Ibanez SR-505

Ibanez SRX-595 (sold...)

Peavey Tour 700

Hartke 8x10

Boss GT-8 multi-effects board

I've gone back and looked at that bass at least 10 times today. If my credit card was in my hand right now it would probably be on it's way to my house. Alas... my credit card is all the way down the hall and in the kitchen sitting safely in my wallet.

Agreed. And the d*** bill they send each month. And the nasty phone calls when you don't pay those bills.

- Matt W.

Me, not knowing anything about Wal..I have to say it is kind of ugly...but that is just me...It looks very 70s/80s...and that brings back memories of parachute pants and poofed hair...mayby it plays great, I don't know...

Actually I'm with you on this one. I saw it and was seriously underwhelmed. Truth be told, I wouldn't part with the cash for that particular bass (I do like yourlord's Wall - I believe it's him?) unless I'd look at it as an investment or something.

"I'm a work in progress." Micky Barnes

The Ross Brown Shirt World Tour

Natural WAL's definately look way better.

+1 for Phil

+2 for Phil's Wal.

As for Wal's steadily increasing in value, does that hold true for that Geddy Lee model that was out in the mid 90's? I don't see much if any mention of those now.

Obligatory Social Media Link

"My concern is, and I have to, uh, check with my accountant, that this might bump me into a higher, uh, tax..."

+3 for natural Walls. they look way better, but hey i have 3 basses and all of them have a natural finish, and my next one will have it too.

www.myspace.com/davidbassportugal

"And then the magical unicorn will come prancing down the rainbow and we'll all join hands for a rousing chorus of Kumbaya." - by davio

A bunch of guys with quilts and stripes. err....on their basses...

I've played a few Wals - absolutely fine, well-made basses. Color/quilt/flame/grain is optional for me.

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Don't you dare come near my bass with a cup of coffee!

:D I wouldn't dare. While not my cup of... coffee... far be it from me to be a style and aesthetics fascist.

And don't get me wrong, I can appreciate the workmanship and beauty of instruments in that style, but most of them do not do it for me. I have even considered having my Warwick Thumb NT finished black gloss...

Archived