Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

programming wah pedal

loxley11

Hi guys,

For use with a clav patch (motif es), I'd like to use the expression pedal as a wah pedal. Other than filter cutoff, what parameters should I route to the pedal to better recreate the response of the real thing? For instance, how should the resonance be set, and should that be varied at all? Any effects that should be applied?

Thanks,

Drew

p.s. those of you who have worked with both Roland's EV-5 and Yamaha's FC-7, which do you prefer? which is more durable? I got an M-audio expression pedal and it was the biggest piece of shit; the spring that keeps the pedal in position failed within a month. Meanwhile, my EV-5 has been going strong for over 5 years now.

p.p.s. is it considered bad form to post something in both this and the "other" forum? I know there are a number of posters who are members of both, and I don't want to be redundant and/or annoying.

"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face"

-Mike Tyson

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FC-7 is very durable and is my choice for volume or swell due to its longer throw.

However, for WAH a short throw pedal like the EV-5 would be more authentic, and less work on your ankle.

Wah is just a resonant bandpass filter being swept, nothing more.

Moe

---

Archived