Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

weighted 76'ers (not the NBA...)

zephonic

I like 76-key instruments because even with a flight case I can still haul them around in a compact car or saloon. If they made them with weighted keys it would be great.

local: Korg Nautilus 73 | Yamaha MODX8

away: GigPerformer

home: Kawai RX-2 | Korg D1 | Roland Fantom X7

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kurzweil already has the PCse1. I really like the action, it's a great controller, and it's pretty easy getting it around to gigs. :thu: Oh...and about the sounds? Wonderful IMO - only weak point are the organs, but I have an Electro for those. Bought it without seeing or hearing it before ordering. Very glad I didn't wait to see one in a store - I'd still be waiting, and then I'd want a PC3 with 76 weighted action! :D
PC3X, PC1se, NE2 61, DSI P08, ARP Odyssey MkII 2810, ARP Little Brother, Moog Slim Phatty, Doepfer Dark Energy, Arturia MiniBrute, Microkorg, Motion Sound KP200S,

The Kurzweil PCse1 has the same fully weighted action as the 88-note version; you're probably thinking of the PC2 which was semi-weighted piano style keys in contrast to the fully weighter PX2x.

Gig keys: Hammond SKpro, Korg Vox Continental, Crumar Mojo 61, Crumar Mojo Pedals

If you'd consider an older keyboard like the Alesis QS8, consider the Ensoniq ZR76 (still available from time to time on ebay in the $600-800 range). IMHO, much better piano sound than the QS8, decent action. 76 keys, from low E to high G.

The Alesis is nice that it has 4 reassignable sliders, which the Ensoniq doesn't. The Ensoniq has an easy-to-use built-in 16-track sequencer.

S90 has 88 keys and pretty much the same width dimension as the PC1se. These manufacturers need to put the wheels ABOVE the keyboard to minimize width (which they did not do on the PC1se).

The Nord Stage 76 is a great compact unit, but lacking romplerish sounds.

Love the rhodes sound, hate the piano and the action is not really weighted-like.

local: Korg Nautilus 73 | Yamaha MODX8

away: GigPerformer

home: Kawai RX-2 | Korg D1 | Roland Fantom X7

Love the rhodes sound, hate the piano and the action is not really weighted-like.

Sounds like the S90 might be the only one that meets your current criteria, if you have ruled out the action on Kurz and Nord.

Archived