Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Doobie Brother Fans?

Zuben

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good question about the line up - I wonder what the makeup of the band will be this time out...

Always enjoyed the Doobies, in either incarnation.

Check out http://www.doobiebrothers.net/biography/

Saw them around here @ Jones Beach last year with Steve Miller (awesome!) Have seen them many times over the years.

Glad to hear they are back out again this year!

Fire up the Doobies! :D

Saw 'em in 1996. I was told it was as much of the original lineup as they've had since their hey day and Michael McDonald had just moved to Nashville so they added a set of Michael playing all his hits with them. It was one of the best concerts I've ever seen. All that great music sounding just as a concert should... bigger, louder (but not at all earsplitting) and with the added energy of live performers and audience thoroughly enjoying themselves! :thu:

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

You know what they say about opinions... They're like a**holes. Everyone has one and they all stink. ;)

Michael McDonald may not be your cup of tea but he's a hell of a performer. When he stopped by my friend's studio to cut a piano track of a song he wrote being covered by Lee Greenwood you can bet nobody in the studio was sorry to see him walk in. Besides, Kenny Loggins was in town and popped in to see his old friend. Man, I wish I'd been at that session! :(

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Hey Ellwood, I heard that besides featuring MM as front man, the Doobs will also be featuring a guitarist new to the lineup:

Jimmie Vaughan.

:laugh: Man I'm feelin' pretty "trollish" today!

(BTW, I can understand anyone not caring for MM's vocal tone, but cracks about him having less intelligence than a Bassett Hound seem kinda like they're pushin it.....?) :freak:

Just a pinch between the geek and chum

You know what they say about opinions... They're like a**holes. Everyone has one and they all stink. ;)

Michael McDonald may not be your cup of tea but he's a hell of a performer. When he stopped by my friend's studio to cut a piano track of a song he wrote being covered by Lee Greenwood you can bet nobody in the studio was sorry to see him walk in. Besides, Kenny Loggins was in town and popped in to see his old friend. Man, I wish I'd been at that session! :(

Give that man a V! :D

Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!

You know what they say about opinions... They're like a**holes. Everyone has one and they all stink.

MWAhahahahhahhahahhahhahhahhahhahaha........ :laugh:

Exactly the response I would have imagined would have come from Neil....that was funny dude, I actually LOL'd. :)

I have always liked the Doob's. The rhythm guitar work is freakin' spot on and they were/are a great band....I like some of the stuff MM did with them , I personally do not mind his voice that much, especially in small doses. That said I do not have any of his albums either.

The Captain And Me...and Toulouse Street...excellent albums.

Hey Ellwood, I heard that besides featuring MM as front man, the Doobs will also be featuring a guitarist new to the lineup:

Jimmie Vaughan.

:laugh: Man I'm feelin' pretty "trollish" today!

(BTW, I can understand anyone not caring for MM's vocal tone, but cracks about him having less intelligence than a Bassett Hound seem kinda like they're pushin it.....?) :freak:

But you don't understand, bassets have superior intelligence and are the most adorable cuties there are!! And NEIL, that works in reverse too doesn't it! I could listen to MM play keyboards all day long and love it ...just don't sing!

I remember being in tech school in Biloxi, MS in 1979.

Stick in some Doobs into the cassette player while driving, and having yer pedal to the metal while "Rockin' down the Highway" was jammin'! :):D

That, and "Jesus is just alright" with the tasty lead riffs and cool B3 keeping you mesmerized.

Yep, you could get a speeding ticket while driving to some of those songs. :D

Randy

"Just play!"

Yes of coarse we can use the pink gloves, the stethoscope is Sears but it is vintage Sears, the good news is, we being devoted to the latest in technological advancement have a new precision tool at our disposal and can use this on a out patient basis: http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/ellwood1/snakeVP.jpg

You know what they say about opinions... They're like a**holes. Everyone has one and they all stink.

MWAhahahahhahhahahhahhahhahhahhahaha........ :laugh:

Exactly the response I would have imagined would have come from Neil....that was funny dude, I actually LOL'd. :) ...

:D Thanks my Fumblyfinger-ed friend! You definitely get me. ;)

Yes of coarse we can use the pink gloves, the stethoscope is Sears but it is vintage Sears, the good news is, we being devoted to the latest in technological advancement have a new precision tool at our disposal and can use this on a out patient basis: http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/ellwood1/snakeVP.jpg

Only one response for that, Lee... OUCH!!!! :eek::D LOL

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

OMG that looks almost as bad as when Doc E. was using this reamer technology from Haliburton:

http://www.halliburton.com/public/news/source_files/images/bio/Apr07_SDBS_XR_Reamer_bb.jpg

Just a pinch between the geek and chum

OMG that looks almost as bad as when Doc E. was using this reamer technology from Haliburton:

http://www.halliburton.com/public/news/source_files/images/bio/Apr07_SDBS_XR_Reamer_bb.jpg

That is for the 60 and older crowd! and it's reserved for a over night hospital stay, not to worry though we include in room TV.

Archived