Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

king shredders

Gifthorse

I would think this guy is on the list with Gambale, Holdsworth, and many more. This guy has some of most insane electric technique and he remains very musical with all of his phrasing even tho it is light speed. I can't believe how many licks the guy has. It is like he never repeats stuff and he seems to never make any mistakes.

Anyways, who can beat this guy besides the obvious contenders Gambale, Holdsworth?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes, I went to iTunes and got one of his fusion-y tunes about 2 months ago after seeing him on one of those youube vids. Insane rocker, he definitely knows the guitar well, LOL! He remains groovy throughout his solos, great stuff.

The thing is since he knows the instrument and music so well, he can definitely play all sorts of crazy licks,be it jazzy, rockish, etc...

"Without music, life would be a mistake."

--from 'Beyond Good and Evil', by Friedrich Nietzsche

My MySpace Space

I would think this guy is on the list with Gambale, Holdsworth, and many more. This guy has some of most insane electric technique and he remains very musical with all of his phrasing even tho it is light speed. I can't believe how many licks the guy has. It is like he never repeats stuff and he seems to never make any mistakes.

Anyways, who can beat this guy besides the obvious contenders Gambale, Holdsworth?

holy poop! and he's got tone as well. he is incredible.

He is like a shredder that can sound musical.

I first saw him in a clip I saw, maybe someone here posted, that had a bunch of shredders. Buckedhead was one of them, Ron Thal. Anyways the guy seems to be able to play just about any style, and go sick in the process.

He is like a shredder that can sound musical.

I first saw him in a clip I saw, maybe someone here posted, that had a bunch of shredders. Buckedhead was one of them, Ron Thal. Anyways the guy seems to be able to play just about any style, and go sick in the process.

yes, that's where I saw him as well. Both Buckethead and Ron Thal are awesome as well.

"Without music, life would be a mistake."

--from 'Beyond Good and Evil', by Friedrich Nietzsche

My MySpace Space

wow, he's great, and certaintly has better tone than a lot of other guys. i don't know what it is, but lately I've been bored of shredders, maybe it's because I can't remember anything they've played. :crazy:

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=810593

http://www.myspace.com/dandelavega

He reminds me of Michael Schenker or John Petrucci in some ways. Most guitarists never give any credit to the metal world for tone or style, but this guys, those guys, and many other successful shredders are perfectly capable of holding their own with bluesier players.
Shut up and play.

The guys at GP have been mentioning him for quite a while but I just heard his music from you tube recently-amazing and amazingly versatile. My brother is in a major phase of listening to him at the moment. I had put him in a club with guys like Jan Cyrka-outstanding players who for whatever reason, I hadn`t heard a single note of their playing.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

well, his style is by no means bluesy by most people's standards but I think it is interesting to hear.

John Petrucci is great but this guy is ridiculous..

I don't think either of them are bluesy. They just have expression and soul that most people ignore. You just have to get beyond the technical crap and dig though their softer recordings.

Shut up and play.

I think it says something too that so far we actually have a rare unanimous(!) verdict that this guy's really good.

He's a unifying force on this forum. :D

So far. :laugh:

(edit: oh, forgot about Miroslav's comment - he's probably kiddin though :) )

Just a pinch between the geek and chum

well, his style is by no means bluesy by most people's standards but I think it is interesting to hear.

John Petrucci is great but this guy is ridiculous..

I don't think either of them are bluesy. They just have expression and soul that most people ignore. You just have to get beyond the technical crap and dig though their softer recordings.

I think of John Petrucci as being more of an Yngwie Steve Vai-type player. Primarily rock licks being played, not to say he isn't good.

This guy technically is far past that from what I can see. His fast playing is very much fast musical phrasing. Most rock shred players play simple patterns very fast in 1 key. This guy has no limits and doesn't repeat stuff. It is really insane if you watch all of those videos how limitless he really is. His style is extremely complex.

Archived